Accused

>> Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Natalie took a deep breath. Captain Hero was in the examining room with a bloody criminal. This had not been a part of her contract.

She clutched her clipboard. There was only one way to attack this problem. An examination needed to be done, and there was only one doctor in the city. Natalie would make it clear that she could take out a criminal with one shot of sedative. She would put up with no bull.



"Hold still and shut up please!" Natalie tried her best to stop herself from shaking. The criminal fidgeted before her, yelling curse words at her as she tried to put disinfectant on the cuts on her face.


"That shit hurts!" The criminal pulled away again. Natalie briefly contemplated giving her a shot of sedative.

Natalie ignored her as she cleaned and examined the cuts. "So," she asked Captain Hero, "You say that you found her like this in the morning when you went to check on her?"

He stood behind the prisoner with a surprisingly serious look on his face. (Yeah, she'd see those pictures in Legacy Living-- cringe worthy!) There was something about seeing him in person that Natalie didn't like but she couldn't exactly put her finger on it. "Yeah. I don't know how this happened. Orlando was watching her last night."

"He fucking beat me; that's what fucking happened." The criminal pulled away again. "OW, fuck!"

Natalie scoffed. "You're saying that Orlando Mellon beat you?" She glanced over at Captain Hero to see his reaction. He stood still which gave Natalie the impression that he might actually be taking this criminal's accusations seriously.

The cuts were pretty bad, and most were centered around her face. Natalie could see no purpose to a beating that only scratched her face and didn't seriously wound her. "Why did he beat you? And how do you know it was him? Didn't you say this happened after lights went out for the night?"


"Who the fuck else could have done this? And I don't know why."

Natalie rolled her eyes and picked up her clipboard again. "Well, you're fine. Only a few cuts, no stitches needed, and no extra brain damage. I'll talk to Richard."



"So it's true?" Richard seemed as surprised as Captain Hero should have been.


"Well, it's true she has scratches on her face. But it wasn't anything very serious. Honestly, I would believe she did it to herself before I'd believe that either of the Orlandos did this to her."

"Still, you must understand that there must be an investigation now." Richard sighed. "I'll have to suspend them until they are cleared."

"What? But what about those three murders?"*


Richard instinctually shushed her as he did everytime she asked him about that case. "We still have Captain Hero. And we can recruit other sims for the police force."

*************************
* For anyone just joining, the first murder occurs here, and the second and third murders are mentioned here. They're all rather suspicious due to lack of blood at the crime scene (and in the bodies), but they have no suspects as of yet.


So, no more bothering with a posting schedule. I don't have any posts ready to go ahead of time right now, so I'll just post when I play.

Otherwise, I am actually going through a phase where I just don't like what I've done. I started this blog with the idea that I would get better as I went along. So the important thing for me now is to push forward while trying new things. If I were just writing, I would probably put this down and just walk away. But since it's wrapped up in a game, it's much easier to return to it and work on it. (Even with the cats, I am still horribly attached to my Sims 2 sims in a way that I can't bond with my Sims 3 sims.)

So off I go, pushing forward against that looming self doubt and self criticisms that pop up. I'm flexing a muscle I probably haven't used in years (since high school or early college). Ow!

5 comments:

Laura July 31, 2009 at 7:53 AM  

Awww, you're having a growth spurt :) This happened (or is happening) to me lately, and what I'm learning is that you're always going to have writing growth spurts. You'll never get to a point of "grown," but you'll just keep learning and improving. But if you jump ship every time you grow a little, you'll never get anything finished ;)

I actually have a post kind of related to this that I'm dwelling on for my writing blog - about when a story gets foggy on you, and you have to find a new course through it.

But anyway, keep at it! I found this post immensely intriguing, and I can't wait to find out the truth of what happened to her. Not to mention all your other characters I'm still interested in! I'd hate to see you give up on this story.

The Lunar Fox July 31, 2009 at 8:18 AM  

lol, Growth spurt is a great way to put it. That's exactly it.

I'm a bit lazy and disorganized. It's why I could never be an actual writer. But there are a lot of ideas swirling around in my head for this story, so I won't be quitting anytime soon.

Anonymous August 2, 2009 at 8:09 PM  

I think your doing fine, everything is a process. I sometimes worry that HC isn't where I want it but I know that will come as I get more comfortable.

Keep flexing that muscle, it will only get stronger

Anonymous August 3, 2009 at 7:47 PM  

YOu can do it!! *is cheerleader for muscle flexing* This new fall storyline is working up to be really interesting, I love look at how the police station and other public services are run!

The Lunar Fox August 5, 2009 at 6:25 AM  

I think HC is wonderful, but yeah when you're working on it, I'm sure you have an idea of where you'd like to go or what you'd like it to be. It's very much like trying to draw a picture you see in your head. Sometimes the results are disappointing. XD

Thanks ehsy! ^__^

  © Free Blogger Templates Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP