Fine

>> Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Alberta didn't bother to invite Gabe into her house and Gabe didn't bother to ask. She simply held his hand as she ascended the stairs and opened her door with her free hand. They sat down on the couch together in front of the TV they also didn't bother to turn on.

Gabe wrapped an arm around her. "Thank you. Sometimes Kate goes too far."



His lanky hand gently squeezed her arm, drawing her close to his side. She couldn't help smiling widely though the blood under his hand rushed into her ears. They were alone, and he was so close. The urge to run her hand up his shirt and feel his chest was as impossible to ignore as it was to actually do. Frozen with indecision, she didn't stop him when he pulled her into his lap.

"How are you doing here, Alberta? Really. I worry that you wouldn't tell me if there was something wrong."


"I'm fine. Really." She tried her best to smile sweetly even as a part of her brain shouted, "I told you so!" The last thing she had wanted was for either of her friends to worry. It had been a secret worth keeping. She was in no trouble financial or otherwise.

But Gabe's words from the festival came back to her. "I can't keep secrets from you two," he had said with a glance in Alberta's direction. She could still remember his brown eyes glinting with concern as he said it as if he were trying to pass along a hint.

Gabe sighed even as he smiled at her. "But you promise you'll tell me if anything is wrong?" He pulled her close to hug her, one hand running down her side to press gently on her lower back.


Alberta burried her face in his shoulder and closed her eyes. His soft musky scent mixed with the salty smell of the sea that lingered on both their clothes. Under her fingers, she felt the smooth muscles of his back tightening as he gave her a small squeeze.

Her days were generally about silence, especially now when school was out of session. Alberta found that she often had to leave the house just to find some company. Gabe and Kate were generally both busy-- Gabe watching his little sister and Kate helping her father at the spa on the hill. Now that he was here, Alberta wanted to ask him to stay. She didn't care about the "game" that Ily had explained to her-- she would give him anything he wanted to have him stay the night with her so she wouldn't have to be alone.

Words seemed to sit on her tongue filling her mouth until she felt she couldn't breathe. She didn't know the words to say. The silence between them was already too long. Her hand gently ran over his chest. "I'm fine," she said softly watching her hand work its way towards the bottom of his shirt.

Gabe's hand on her waist gave her a soft squeeze as if to hold her at a distance. As her fingers lightly dipped under his shirt, his stomach muscles became tense. She wasn't sure what came over her then. Alberta leaned foreward despite his hand on her waist holding her back to delicately explore his lips with her own. He melted then, drawing her close and responding to her gentle exploration with ferrcious experience.

It seemed a while before either of them pulled away, and even then it was Gabe who pulled back first. He sat still for a moment as Alberta wondered what she had done wrong. Did she not compare to the other girls?

When he did speak, it seemed he was as much at a loss for words as her. "Alberta, I don't want you-- I mean we don't have to--" His hand tensed on her waist again; this time he was definitely holding her back. "Just promise you'll tell me if something is wrong."

She nodded, holding it together long enough to softly promise. "I will."

There wasn't much more to say. Gabe pressed his lips to hers, gently hugging her bottom lip with his soft lips. His kiss broke into little ones that ended with a last kiss on her forehead and made them both laugh. "But I do have to go," he said slightly apologetically.

"I know." Alberta stood up.


Gabe stood before her with one last glance before he reached out to run the back of his hand down her cheek. "Remember you've promised."

At his gentle touch, she almost didn't succeed holding back as well as she had moments before. She could only nod this time, and hope it would be enough.

It seemed to work, he smiled at her, then went to the door with a playfully protective, "Make sure you lock the door."



******************

I had one of those moments that I most recently remember Carla mentioning where my sims totally surprised me. I had Gabe selectable in the house, and I pretty much just let them do what they wanted for a while. They stripped down to their undies and cuddled on the couch for a second. Then with no help on my part, both changed back, stood up, and he reached over to caress her cheek.

These last two entries were actually from one play session that was supposed to be all about Alberta. I do think she's lonely; she shows up all the time on community lots and I usually see her getting talked to by Tristin Stratton. (Stay away from the cult, Alberta!) But it seems to be all in her head. She has two great friends who would do anything for her if she would only open up and be honest with them.

7 comments:

Anonymous July 8, 2009 at 12:37 PM  

Hey! I wanted to inform you that there is going to be a movie about my neighborhood. If you have any Sims that might want to star in it, please read this! (Info in link) http://jubileehillshood.blogspot.com/2009/07/jubilee-movie.html

Carla July 8, 2009 at 5:20 PM  

I actually went into a bit of a trance reading this. It was all so beautiful and then I saw the asterisks and had to snap myself out of it!

I love these two, they are just so gorgeous together. Gabe seems to have her number - he seems to know she might not tell him if something was wrong.

The Lunar Fox July 8, 2009 at 8:03 PM  

Hi Anthony. I did see your entry about it, so I will watch for updates and maybe give you a clone of a sim of mine. But you should probably refrain from posting on other blogs about it as it might come across as slightly rude to basically advertise for your own projects on other simmer's blogs.



Oh, thank you so much Carla! I really want to improve my writing, so it's good to know what works.

Poor Gabe. He'll probably either have to keep asking her or do something to make sure that she'll be taken care of.

Catherine July 9, 2009 at 9:20 AM  

Oh. My. Goodness. I followed the link over here from your TS3 blog and WOW I'm going to be busy reading for a long, long time. I always admired hoods like this in TS2, but I never had the patience to create and play one. I am looking forward to exploring Tierra de Legado! (Haha, isn't that Spanish for Legacy Land?)

The Lunar Fox July 9, 2009 at 12:22 PM  

Hi Catherine!

LOL, It is indeed. The original hood was just called "Legacy" because I'm so creative. So I figured somewhere along the way that a name does sound better in another language.

Don't worry, you don't have to read too far back. The "Library" has story lines if you're curious about back stories, but I try to put important details into the story as I'm writing.

Oh and the "Resident Directory will take you to character profiles.

Anonymous July 10, 2009 at 8:52 AM  

That was a really sweet, really beautiful update.

They are such a cute couple. Alberta just needs to open up some more.

The Lunar Fox July 11, 2009 at 9:28 AM  

Thank you.

Silly Alberta, and that's exactly what friends are for! It's kinda fun to write her because in that sense she's rather different from me.

  © Free Blogger Templates Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP