Goodbye

>> Monday, July 13, 2009

Water Melon (approximately 34), Demi Love (unknown age- previously a Service NPC policewoman)

One of the last times we heard or saw anything about Water Mellon, it was revealed that he's actually Gabe's biological father. With Gabe being approximately 17 in human years, that means Water was approximately 17 when Gabe was born. Water most likely has no clue that Gabe exists.




Time: Right before the Summer Festival




"Demi." Water stood in the door way before her with his arms crossed stubbornly as if he would not let her pass. She hadn't expected him to be home during the middle of the day. For the past few weeks, he had been skipping lunch at home. His excuse had been that he was working late at the studio, and then heading into the restaurant right after.

Demi dropped the suitcase on floor with a thud. She was thankful that the children were already gone at a safe place even though she had never known Water to be violent. If anything, his crimes were simply loving too much.


"What're you doing?" Water's voice was tense and high in his throat.

Demi could hear the words in her head as clear as if she had spoke them. "I'm leaving you," she wanted to say with a lift of her head and a false bravado that she knew would break in the taxi on her way out of town.

Instead, Demi brought her hand to her face and pressed her fingers to her lips. Her eyes remained dry as if she hadn't really begun to believe she was doing it. As if she were simply taking a vacation with the girls and would be right back.

Water smoothly glided to her and wrapped his arms around her. "Demi Demi," he whispered in her ear. "You can't do this. Don't you remember all the trouble I had finding you the first time?"

If Demi could laugh, she could cry. She stiffly allowed him to hug her.

"I had to call the police station until you showed up at my door. Do you know how much money I spent on fines? Even today, you know they won't come if I call..."

Demi stepped back while slipping her ring off her finger. It wasn't a real wedding band. They had never had a real wedding. Water hadn't even loved her enough to marry her. She put it into his hands and closed his fist around it.

With suitcase in hand, Demi walked around him as best she could. She almost didn't make it; she was ready to give in, but she reached a second wind that helped her push past Water and step out onto the lawn in front of the house.



Water followed her out to the front lawn, but he did not try to grab her again. "Demi, what about the girls? Where are they? Demi?"

Demi's voice hardly sounded like her own. It rang clear and true in the clear afternoon. "I'll call you." She stepped into the waiting taxi refusing to look back.


********


I'm a little late posting this. I was sort of waffling about this or writing something on the spot, but since this is basically a prelude to Fall, I figured I should stick this in here. This is just part one. Two more parts to go.

5 comments:

Laura July 17, 2009 at 7:27 AM  

Awww, so sad! I'm glad he didn't get too angry.

Anonymous July 17, 2009 at 10:34 PM  

Oh wow. I wonder what made Demi make this decision, looks like I need to do some back reading

The Lunar Fox July 17, 2009 at 11:57 PM  

Water is a passionate, but shy sim. With his daughters already who knows where, getting angry wouldn't be a great idea, though I can verify that he's plenty angry in game.

Haha, don't worry Heredon, I'm actually working from the front back with this story. There really aren't many Demi entries. (One other one, but I considered that one more of a test as I played with the format.)

Carla August 5, 2009 at 10:30 PM  

Aw, this was so sad. I don't know much about Demi (and I'm glad to read I haven't missed a vital entry on her or anything) but I really did find this almost heart-wrenching!

The Lunar Fox August 6, 2009 at 10:47 AM  

Thanks Carla. I've seen this coming for a while, but it was still sad to do.

  © Free Blogger Templates Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP