Heart of the Matter

>> Monday, June 1, 2009

Where we left off
Time: Present day

"What're you doing? Leander asked angrily. "He can't speak. He probably can't even understand you!"

The hulking creature turned only his head towards Leander as he growed a retort. "I can speak. Best for you if you don't right now."



Amberle still sat on the ground in utter confusion of the scene before her. The creature tried to take a step towards her, but Henry stepped between them again. "You are going to frighten her. She didn't know. They never told her."


Amberle stood up slowly, brushing the dirt that stuck to her pants.

"Then why am I not here if not for her?" He glowered at Henry. Amberle only had to catch a glimpse of his red eyes to see how they burned like embers of a dying campfire.

Henry stood his ground. "I have come to ask for your help-- for her as well as those who have accepted and adopted her."


"Those sims are in trouble?" Amberle couldn't help noting the tone in his voice. She could almost think he sounded concerned, but she knew nothing of the man and decided she must be reading too much into it.

"A war is brewing. Just as I have woken up, so have others. They want the world of old when we ruled the world."


"'We?' Who's 'we?'" Amberle looked at Henry.

It was Leander who answered her. "The supernaturals-- like him." Amberle could sense that Leander crossing his arms and scowling unattractively. "The civilized elves already have their eye on it. Why do you think I'm here?"


"Wait a minute," Amberle thought back to their last meeting as she turned to face him. "You said you were here to check out the sim settlement for the council."

Leander dropped his scowl when he glanced at her with his large green eyes. "I just figured war with supernatural creatures would be worse than simply getting kicked out again."

Amberle felt she could hit him. "And you!" She said as she turned on Henry. "Why didn't you mention this to me before instead of carting me around and plopping me down in the forest? How can we even trust you? You're a vampire; why would you want to even stop something like that from happening?"

He looked at her steadily, but there was a flicker of sadness that only she would catch. "I have my reasons."



*******************


I've been cleaning through my downloads folder recently. The other day, I spent time downloading new and old hacks for my game. SO I think that is what prompted my Henry and Amberle dream.

It was very odd, but it matched my color scheme of these darker pictures. And all I can remember thinking at the end was, "Aw! Don't be a bad guy, Henry!" He must've done something very bad. O_O

Wednesday, another piece to the puzzle.


5 comments:

Carla June 1, 2009 at 6:25 PM  

I'm already waiting for Wednesday (which I think usually turns out to be Thursday for me)! I really want to hear what Henry's motivation is for all of this.

Laura June 2, 2009 at 11:21 AM  

I can't wait to hear more from Henry too! And I second the "don't be a bad guy, Henry!"

I can't wait to see what you do with this war. Are you going to write actual battle scenes and everything? I have an ROS-induced war to write coming up in my next round, and I have no idea what I'm really going to do with it yet, lol!

The Lunar Fox June 2, 2009 at 2:20 PM  

Actually, you'll hear more from Anna (which will wrap up that storyline), but you'll see Henry. ;) I might at some point do a revisit (probably in a personal blog) of all of Henry's actions so far to see where's he going with all this stuff. XD

As for the war, I would LOVE to do action scenes. I am totally thinking of drafting some sims and sending them out, then pulling cards to see who's the unlucky ones.

But first, I want to throw in some extra characters. If Henry lived, then there have to be others from that time around as well. There's still those murders which are a mystery to the local police (The Orlandos). And don't forget any of the entries tagged with "???".

Laura June 2, 2009 at 2:39 PM  

LOL, riding each other's brain waves again I guess (this time you announced it first!) ;) Part of the ROS I drew is that I have to draft 3 Sims in addition to my military Sims, and one of them doesn't make it home! :\

This will be fun though (besides that we're writing about something as dark and morbid as war, lol!) and it will be interesting to see how both stories come out.

Hey, now there's a fun writing challenge we should all try some time. We all pick a common ROS, and add it to each of our storylines and see what different stories we can come up with!

The Lunar Fox June 2, 2009 at 7:01 PM  

Oh that would be a fun writing and playing challenge. We could like have the first three posters pick numbers in the comments and use that to pick an ROS, so there'd be no bias.

To prep myself for war, I've picked up Catch-22. XD

About

My photo
I'm a proudly nerdy girl who knows too much about X-Men and has stories running through her head when walking. This is really my first real attempt to share just a few of the stories that not only play in my head when walking, but play out when I'm playing my sims. I hope you enjoy. ^___^

  © Free Blogger Templates Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP