Intermission

>> Monday, June 8, 2009

"He wants you to meet his parents? That's good, isn't it?"

"I guess. But, Kate, what do I do?"

There was clearly some snark in Kate's voice when she told Alberta, "Say 'Hello?'"

"No, I mean, I'm sure they know where I live and who I am and stuff. What if they don't approve?"



"Then I'll beat them up if Gabe doesn't." Kate grumbled into the phone. Alberta began to worry that she was being a bother.

"Kate..."

"I'm SO not kidding. Besides, I don't think Gabe would take you to his house if he didn't think you'd be accepted. He knows better. And..." Kate hesitated before she said the words slowly, "Alberta he really cares for you. I doubt he'd do anything that would lead to your being hurt. Most likely, his mother is the one who wants to meet you."

Alberta gulped as quietly as she could. Meeting the mayor was bad enough; Alberta hadn't thought about meeting Gabe's mother!

But Kate was right. Alberta knew she would have to learn to trust Gabe. He did like her, for reasons she couldn't see. And he would not let someone, even his family, hurt her.

"Thanks, Kate." Alberta's tone clearly carried along her silent apology for being a bother.

"Hey, I'm just glad you're actually using the phone. I was starting to think you didn't know how after a while."

"Well, my grades were good, so my grandmother loosed up the rules." Alberta could only hope that she was lying successfully for once.

3 comments:

Laura June 8, 2009 at 6:55 PM  

I liked this very much! I miss these guys :)

And OMG, I think I forgot about Alberta's grandmother! Has she been living alone this whole time? The poor girl! :(

Carla June 8, 2009 at 7:26 PM  

Nice to hear from Kate and Alberta again. I love those two.

So meeting the parents. That should be an interesting evening!

Poor Alberta though. I'd forgotten about her grandmother too. Alberta's the only one who knows she's living alone?

The Lunar Fox June 9, 2009 at 10:34 AM  

Yes, poor Alberta has been living alone. Poor kid. And her friends don't know. She's not the sort to offer up information.

I hope it will be a fun one. I'm still working out how to present it. Some entries will just have to be picture entries because the pics speak for themselves. XD It was a very fun day for me to play.

About

My photo
I'm a proudly nerdy girl who knows too much about X-Men and has stories running through her head when walking. This is really my first real attempt to share just a few of the stories that not only play in my head when walking, but play out when I'm playing my sims. I hope you enjoy. ^___^

  © Free Blogger Templates Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP