7. Fight

>> Wednesday, June 3, 2009

"Anna..."


I stand before him ready to die to buy the others time to get to the top of the mountain. He must not get to them or he will ruin everything. Lord Henry has followed us from one kingdom to another all because of me.


"No." The sword pulls on my arm as I lift it into a defensive position the way Joan taught me. How long do I have? How long can I hold him off?

He takes a step towards me and I tighten my grip on the sword handle. "Anna," my name falls softly from his lips. His deep voice brings back the memories of sitting on his lap and curling up in his arms. I am ashamed that I was ever so naive. My grip tightens on the sword so that the leather squeaks in protest.

Although he hesitates, he does not stop. Another step towards me, and I shout, "Stop!" There is a warmth that floods me. My own magical defenses, natural and innate, warm my muscles, traveling down my limbs. When he is within the swing of my sword, I follow through.


The weight of the sword disappears once it has begun its swing. I put my body behind it so that I feel the aftershock of my attack in my shoulders. I open my eyes to see that I have managed to hit him in the shoulder. The wound is deep; the blood flows down his tunic, but he will heal in minutes.

He stands still long enough for me to see the damage I have caused before he swoops in, wrapping his arms around me and pressing the sword, still clutched in my hands, against my body. "No!" It is a guttural sound that comes from deep within me. The denial is so strong, it almost feels as if I can break away. But my mind knows better despite my thrashing.


I can feel his breath upon my neck, and I know the end must be near. The only thing to do is to stop fighting and hope that I have given the others enough time.

"Anna," his voice is soft in my ear. His arms are still wrapped tightly around me in an embrace that is impossible to break.

I still live, and though I do not fight him physically any longer, I still hear myself saying, "Come sun rise, the vampires turn to dust and the werewolves will become human. It's over. You can kill me now if you wish."

Softly, he kisses my forehead as he hasn't done since I was a little girl. He moves away from me, and the sword drops to the ground, my muscles are too drained to lift it again. The cold night air rushes in, chilling all the parts of me that had been pressed to his warm body. He is gone and I am alone in the moonlight.



**********************


Since this is the last post for the past part of the story line, feel free to ask me anything you want. Basically, if it isn't clear, Anna is buying time for Joan and "others" to get to a spot where they can cast a curse. The curse will make it so that the supernaturals can only come out at night. (But oddly, it does not affect the mermaids. I have some reasoning for that, but I am reserving it for possible future storylines.)


6 comments:

Laura June 4, 2009 at 7:03 AM  

I liked seeing this vulnerable side of Henry. I was hoping he might have one in there ;)

And so much sadness from Anna. What a hard thing to have to do.

Beautiful writing and great pictures in this one! :)

The Lunar Fox June 4, 2009 at 10:23 AM  

Thank you Laura. I really liked doing this entry. I've re-written it three times on three different media types (a journal, my DS, and on the computer).

It is also an important look at Henry. He's done some things that are curious, and since I'm not planning far in advance, it's sort of fun to try and figure out the "what" as I go. XD

Carla June 5, 2009 at 12:00 AM  

I just love your writing. It is so vivid and it could really stand alone without the pics (which I also adore).

Are you ever afraid you'll write yourself into a corner from not planning? It's really interesting to hear how story writers do what they do.

The Lunar Fox June 5, 2009 at 6:09 AM  

Oh thank you, very much. You compliments very much perked up my early morning. ^__^

When I first started out, yes. I was very afraid about getting myself stuck in a corner.

But what I do now is I have a personal blog where I can ramble to myself about possible future plans. A lot of it is just "what if?" I end up throwing around ideas and the most viable ones usually make themselves pretty clear because there will be follow up ideas where I think, "Hey, then I can..."

And of course, my sims give me plenty of ideas just in one or two play sessions.

sims2fan08/tacy00p June 9, 2009 at 5:25 AM  

I agree, your pictures are breath taking, but the writing is fabulous on it's own too. :)

The Lunar Fox June 9, 2009 at 10:27 AM  

Oh, thank you very much. ^_____^

About

My photo
I'm a proudly nerdy girl who knows too much about X-Men and has stories running through her head when walking. This is really my first real attempt to share just a few of the stories that not only play in my head when walking, but play out when I'm playing my sims. I hope you enjoy. ^___^

  © Free Blogger Templates Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP