Gracie

>> Monday, June 15, 2009





"I'm going to marry Gabe!" Gracie proudly proclaimed as she shoved more food into her mouth with her spoon. Gabe rubbed his forehead with the back of his hand as his eyebrows lifted helplessly.

Ily laughed, "Sweety, you can't marry your brother. You marry someone you love."

"But I DO love Gabe. And I'm going to marry him."

"Gracie..." Gabe started, but Ily's laugh cut him off.

"Poor Alberta. You have competition!" Ily laughed again.


Alberta raised her eyebrows and glanced over at Gabe who shrugged with a small smile.


"Gracie, are you done?" Gabe stood to pick her up. "It's almost time for the grown ups to have dinner."

"All done!" She raised her hands in the air in a practiced move so that Gabe could put his hands under her arms and lift her out. Once Gabe had her partly up with both his hands, Gracie reached out and grabbed his nose. "Got your nose!"


Ily moved from the head chair to a chair across from Alberta. The flash of movement and Ily's small smile caught Alberta's attention before she glanced away again pretending to peek over at the kitchen.


She could hear Rich, in the kitchen, grabbing dinner plates which clacked against each other. Another surprise for Alberta was to find that Rich could also cook.

Gabe's parents would be home soon. They would sit at this table soon. They'd see Alberta sitting at their table soon.

Alberta closed her eyes and gathered her strength.



*********************


Sorry about there not being a lot of pics of Gracie. When I took the pictures, Gracie was not my focus-- the older kids were. But when I wrote it, it sort of came out this way. (I wondered why Alberta and Gabe looked so uncomfortable.) I imagine that Gracie is about 4 years old. She's almost ready to go to school, and I'm contemplating sending her off to school in the fall.

The whole "going to marry my brother" thing is a tribute to my niece, who once insisted that she was going to marry her older brother. For like a month. Even after we explained to her how it works.

But in this case, even though to Gabe she's a little sister, they aren't actually related. Poor Gabe. I thought it would be too cruel (and unrealistic) for Gracie to understand that he was adopted and what that means. She just really loves him because he dotes on her more than Rich.

It's still kind of a cruel reminder though, if you think about it.


5 comments:

Carla June 15, 2009 at 5:52 PM  

Awww, even without any close-ups of Gracie, she still came off as really adorable.

I used to say I wanted to marry my cousin when I was about Gracie's age. He's about 8 years older than me and it was for the same reasons as Gracie too - he just doted on me, which I thought was great. I'm really glad no one else in the family seems to remember though!

Laura June 15, 2009 at 7:39 PM  

Awww, Gracie is cute! I'm glad we got to meet her :)

I can't wait to see how meeting the parents goes!

The Lunar Fox June 16, 2009 at 2:20 PM  

Sullivan, that's too cute! Awwww...

Every so often, with my niece and nephew, they like to rehear the weird things they did, and my niece wanting to marry her brother is one of those things they laugh about now. But I'm not allowed to tell any of her future boyfriends.


Gracie is a fun sim. Can you imagine what a kid who's so doted on must be like? XD

sims2fan08/tacy00p June 19, 2009 at 5:19 AM  

Oh, how adorable! All of my sons said they wanted to marry me when they were little, very cute. I love embarassig them with that info now, hehe.

The Lunar Fox June 19, 2009 at 2:56 PM  

LOL, that is way too cute. Especially because you know that they loved you that much to make it official. XD

About

My photo
I'm a proudly nerdy girl who knows too much about X-Men and has stories running through her head when walking. This is really my first real attempt to share just a few of the stories that not only play in my head when walking, but play out when I'm playing my sims. I hope you enjoy. ^___^

  © Free Blogger Templates Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP