6. Flight

>> Friday, May 29, 2009



Norma, my maid, runs a brush gently through my hair. "I heard it was quite a show last night. Chef says that you impressed our guest very much."

I sit still as she begins braiding my hair. "Mermaids don't even use magic; of course he was impressed." At the thought of his red eyes on me, a chill runs down my spine, and I feel indecent in my night gown.



"No dear," Norma's voice is hardly above a whisper. She leans in as she continues braiding. "There was another guest. One of our guests."


I turn my head quickly to look her in the eyes. Could it be? A true human rebel here in the castle? Norma has told me stories of the human resistance through out the kingdoms fighting for the freedom of all humans. But I could never fully imagine someone who would do such a thing. What kind of person would be so brave as to risk their lives for the impossible?

"Come. She will help you escape." Norma takes me by the hands and has me stand up and she takes off my night gown and replaces it with a course dress that smells of the scullery. "You must leave. You are powerful." She smooths my hair with one hand. "This dress will confuse his sense of smell long enough for you to get away."

There is a knock on the door. On the other side is the one who must be the "guest." She holds a tray of food which she quickly puts down. Her eyes have a glint in them that a normal maid would never have. She glances at me, taking in the sight of me in my course maid's dress with an unreadable expression.


There isn't much time. Norma packs the food the guest brought in for lunch and ushers us to a secret passage way with brisk instructions which she aims at The Guest who I assume will know enough about the outside to know where we are going.

My chest constricts as we run from everything I have known my entire life into a world I have only seen through windows.

5 comments:

Laura May 29, 2009 at 2:22 PM  

Oooh, I was wondering what these two would have to do with each other! This is exciting!

Carla May 29, 2009 at 6:55 PM  

Oooh, I'm on the edge of my seat!

It's going to be quite a culture shock if she makes it out, isn't it?

The Lunar Fox May 29, 2009 at 10:23 PM  

Eep! I worry I've gotten your hopes up. This is just a side story, and we're almost to the end.

Though these two have grown on me.

Mostly, I wanted to show where Henry comes from, but without being in his head. (I like keeping my distance from him.)

sims2fan08/tacy00p May 30, 2009 at 8:58 AM  

This was awesome! Your pictures are like artwork. :) I think I say the same thing everytime I comment here, but I can't help it! LOL

The Lunar Fox May 30, 2009 at 9:22 AM  

lol! Thanks. I'm sure every time I comment on your blog, I tell you the same thing about your colorful and interesting pictures. XD

And wow... I think I totally had a Henry and Amberle dream this morning! (Wow... where did that come from?)

  © Free Blogger Templates Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP