2. Anna

>> Friday, May 15, 2009

Also a long long time ago (around the same time as last entry):


I stand at my place behind my lord's large wooden chair. The maid said we were having a special visitor this morning and that our lord needed me today-- not only to show me off, but also as protection. She picked out one of my rarely used gowns, a deep purple one which exposes too much of my neck. "It brings out the color of your eyes," she had said. But all I can think of it is that my neck is too exposed.

Boots loudly scuffle on the stone just outside the door. My stomach churns anxiously at the sound of his arrival.




Lord Henry sits down in the seat before me as I try my best to smile the way I used to when I was a naive little girl. The look on his face is stern. Once he is in the seat before me, he says, "A mermaid visit today, Anna. If he should attack, use fire."

I simply nod and pray that the merman doesn't attack.

My lord leans back so that the wood from the back of the chair creaks from holding his weight. I can feel his agitation. Mermaids are not the friends of the Vampires.

A messenger announces the arrival of Lord Pollonios shortly before he walks in through the door. He wears no clothes. My eyes dart away quickly. From my first glance, I can tell that he is much smaller than my lord, shorter and slimmer. His skin appears to be blue like the ocean he comes from, and he looks very much like a human, but for his flat nose and large red eyes.



From the corner of my eyes, I can see him moving to a seat motioned to by my lord.

"Good day, my lord. I have come bearing gifts." The merman's voice is deep and low but carries far. There is a vibration to his voice; it rumbles as if deep within his chest he brought the water from the sea.

"You are quite a way away from home, are you not? Don't tell me you came all this way to bring me young maidens."

The merman gurgles. I can only guess that he is laughing. "I am sorry, my lord, but my land, unfortunately, does not have much else to offer to one of your calibur. Unless, perhaps, you were needing strong workers."

My lord's voice becomes deep and menacing. "What is it you are hoping to get in return?" I can imagine his dark eyes glowering.


The merman maintains his calm. Quickly, my eyes scan for his face and I catch him glancing at me before I look away again. He is curious about me, but because my lord hasn't brought the subject up, it would be rude for the merman to ask about me. "Nothing at all, my lord. Simply, your goodwill. The previous lord met an untimely demise, and I have stepped in to take care of his lands. I thought it might be a good idea to meet my closest neighbors."

My lord sits quietly for a moment. Both the mermaid and I hold our breaths as we wait for a response. I can't help glancing up again, and I see the merman's eyes on me. It becomes clear to me that he knows the blow will come from my hands, not the guard who stands near by.


"Quite daring of you to appear before me as a new lord." My lord's voice suddenly changes into something more like the purr of a cat. I wonder if he is smiling and flashing his fangs as I have seen him do sometimes. "In a few days, some of the other Vampire lords will be visiting to partake in a show quite unlike any thing I dare say you've seen. I would like you to come."

The merman has no choice. "Thank you. The art of this kingdom is known far and wide. It would be an honor to be a witness."



The merman bows his head, then rises to take his leave. My lord stands, blocking my view of the merman. I peek one eye around my lord's large arm to watch the merman bowing deeply. When he pulls himself up, he glances at me again, clearly still curious. But my lord says nothing.

************************

I haven't said it at all so far, but Henry is actually William Carfax by Atomic Space Kitty. He is simply awesome. The second I saw him, I thought he would make a good bad guy.

Also, although I keep thinking it, I refuse to ask if I've gone too weird. XD If there are people out there going, "Whaaaat?" Then I can only point over to my "About me" section and stress that I really love the X-Men, comic books, science fiction and other odd things. (In particular, I love the late 70 and early 80's when Chric Claremont did the whole Space Opera thing which began the Dark Phoenix storyline.)

7 comments:

Carla May 15, 2009 at 8:09 PM  

Heh, when you mentioned Henry's fangs, I thought "so is *that* why she didn't want her neck so exposed?" I thought maybe she was just shy! ;) And also that this might be Henry, pre-vamp days. He must be very old indeed.

I'm happy to see Henry because it's made the last entry a bit clearer, in terms of how it all connects to the present day.

The Lunar Fox May 16, 2009 at 12:09 PM  

Henry is quite old. Mostly, that just makes it fun for me because then he's got a large history I can try to explore or leave in mystery.

On Wednesday, I will post up a little profile that will lay everything out. The basic idea is that Supernaturals rule the land and humans are just their slaves/commodities.


Also, thanks for reading and commenting. I am rather sure I've gone too weird for most casual readers. XD

Laura May 17, 2009 at 6:30 AM  

I'm on board! I don't know what to say, lol, but I'm still reading. There's really great tension in this scene, between all three of them. And I love that Anna, though not in a position of power, still seems to hold a kind of power over the room. Good writing!

I'm really interested to see how this past connects to the present that we've seen, and how/when the change took place.

sims2fan08/tacy00p May 17, 2009 at 7:16 AM  

I'm still here too! I just get speechless, you are a fabulous writer! :)

The Lunar Fox May 17, 2009 at 4:52 PM  

Thanks guys. It's good to know I haven't lost you.

My own little world-- let me show you it. *grin* I worry that sometimes I do get lost in my own little world, so it's possible that I might assume things that I don't say in the text.

Elizabeth June 1, 2009 at 3:28 PM  

I'm still here, just got behind on the reading :) I'm very intrigued, can't wait to see what happens next!

The Lunar Fox June 1, 2009 at 6:05 PM  

Hi eshy! It's good to hear from you. ^__^

I'm thinking that three days a week is a lot to update, but I had ALOT of story to catch up on.

I might slow down the pacing once Sims 3 comes out.

  © Free Blogger Templates Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP