"The World Revolves around us"

>> Friday, April 17, 2009



The word "surreal" ran through Alberta's head as she sat between Gabe and Kate in nothing but Gabe's shirt and her own underwear. She should have felt embarrassed. Instead she felt the most comfortable she had ever felt in her life.

"What're you thinking about?" Gabe asked gently without turning his head from the far away horizon.




Alberta hesitated. She felt she could tell them anything right now even as exposed as she was in Gabe's shirt. "Well, I guess I have something to tell you two. I mean, you'll find out anyway when you take me home." Alberta could feel Kate's eyes dart to her face. Gabe kept looking out over the ocean. She wasn't sure just how brave she felt anymore now that she had their attention. "I live in the slums."

Kate responded quickly. "So? Is that the secret you've been hiding?"

"What?"

"You're a horrible liar, you know." Kate said. "I could tell since forever that you were keeping something to yourself. I hope you weren't worried we'd, like, snub you or something stupid like that."


Alberta felt ashamed at herself. "Well, you see my grandmother was always saying that I shouldn't let anyone know. That we're just like any other Service sim."

Gabe leaned back as he said in a low voice. "That's bullshit."

Kate rolled her eyes. "You are such a silly girl, 'Berta. What are we going to do with you?"

"Throw her back in the ocean." Gabe laughed even as he slipped his hand under hers in the sand and gently gave her hand a squeeze.


"Hey," Kate said softly, "the spring dance is coming up soon. We should all go. Did you already have a date for the dance, Gabe? Or are you going to be cool and skip it completely?"

The warmth from Gabe's hand almost stung as he gently ran his thumb across the flat top of her hand. "No," He said softly, "I wasn't bringing anyone."

"Alright, so it's settled then. We'll meet there."


Gabe didn't say anything; he only nodded in agreement. Alberta worried that he only agreed to go along because Kate was almost threatening him. "We better head back. It's getting dark." Gabe stood as he brushed the sand from the back of his legs. He winked at Alberta as Kate stood up on her other side. "We'll turn around while you put your pants on."

The way he said it, it sounded like he had forgotten she still had his shirt. "Oh, but your shirt..."

He threw his pants on over his board shorts. "I don't need it. Give it to me at school tomorrow."

Kate and Gabe turned their backs to Alberta as she pulled on her pants. "You just wanna make Glenda jealous," Kate snickered as she threw on her own clothes. Gabe shrugged as he pulled his shirt down. "Perhaps," he said with the hint of a smile sounding in his voice.




******************

All I have to say is thank goodness for CatofEvilGenius at MTS2 who made this entry possible.

Gabe usually wears one of her oxford shirts, so I had him "give" it to Alberta by using the teen ladies' oxford shirt also by CatofEvilGenius. The same creator also has an alpha editable skirt, which I fixed up to leave Alberta bare legged for this entry.

7 comments:

Laura April 17, 2009 at 7:03 PM  

Oooh, this one was electric! Great pictures and fantastic writing! Loved it!

And oooh, the hands! :)

Hmmm, interesting that Gabe offered that both he and Kate would turn around while Alberta dressed. Does he know that Kate likes girls?

Carla April 17, 2009 at 7:32 PM  

Kate and Gabe have known each other since childhood, right? And there was at least an allusion made to the fact that Gabe might already know that Kate likes girls? Or am I making that up?

I loved the shot of the hands. What was really great about that pic is that I could picture their faces in my head, even though they weren't shown in the photo. Your writing really makes forming mental images very easy. :)

The Lunar Fox April 17, 2009 at 8:13 PM  

Thank you guys. This entry was really important to me. I'm glad you liked it. Your comments mean a lot.

You're right Sullivan. Gabe's known Kate since forever having grown up with her, so he suspects, but he doesn't have any real proof since she's never dated anyone. I don't know if he knows that Kate actually DOES like Alberta, but for at least a short while, he thought that there was something more than friendship between Alberta and Kate.

sims2fan08/tacy00p April 18, 2009 at 12:44 PM  

Awww, this was great! So sweet, and the pictures are awesome!

The Lunar Fox April 19, 2009 at 10:59 AM  

Thank you, Sims2fan. Just wait until the dance on Monday. That was too fun too.

Anonymous April 20, 2009 at 1:42 AM  

Gabe has really grown on me - I'm looking forward to how he'll be as grown-up now. I bet these three will be shaking things up in your hood - re: society's rules

P.S. And their first hand-holding is so sweet

The Lunar Fox April 20, 2009 at 6:14 AM  

I am so glad to hear that. I didn't do him justice early on, but really, before Alberta and Kate, he was a normal stoic teen who basically grunted when you asked him about his day.

Now, I can see him smiling a lot more around the house and probably even indirectly talking about Alberta.

  © Free Blogger Templates Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP