THIS is why I call Amberle my bad luck elf

>> Monday, April 27, 2009

Oh dear. Well, I haven't done a good job writing it in because she's actually been rather lucky lately. (Perhaps it's simply been because she's been eating lots of cereal and making lots of sandwiches.)

So for the next season, I'm trying to get some pics (while actually playing them for fun to see what they do).

This was just a test run, not something I have planned really.

Henry likes fireplaces and candle light (for reasons other than he's a romantic at heart).



Right after this shot, I realized that I didn't have free will on. So I turned it on. What's the very first thing they decide to do? Hop onto the couch for a quickie. That's where the issue starts.

I decide to turn my head to give them some privacy, and when I turn back there are flames reaching from the fire place across the floor to the sofa.

OMG PANIC!

THEY CANNOT DIE. But they weren't stopping fast enough. Before I knew it, they were on fire, literally this time.


Then, I start laughing hysterically. I've never ever had this happen before. I've heard it could, but usually when things are too close. The sofa is like two spaces back. What the heck happened?

Amberle's luck. I'm going with that. This is as good as the time she burned her kitchen trying to make crepes suzette and then set herself on fire while trying to flambé the crepes.


Well, I was laughing way too hard by the time they were on fire, and I even turned to my boyfriend and asked him if he remembered my bad luck elf. "Is she on fire again?" He asked before he even turned his head.

Luckily there was an open kitchen that had a fire alarm, so I didn't have to reset.


They're safe for now. But no cooking or fireplaces for a while!

11 comments:

Mutia April 28, 2009 at 4:22 AM  

LOL amberle
hey i just started reading your blog and it's REALLY good! from all other sims2 blogs, i like yours the best.

Laura April 28, 2009 at 6:26 AM  

LOL, silly Amberle! Those two were really caught up in the moment, huh? :)

You know, I'm terrified to even let my Sims make crepes suzette, because they always catch on fire!

The Lunar Fox April 28, 2009 at 8:54 AM  

Hi, Mutia! Thank you very much for your kind words. It's nice to hear that there are people enjoying the story.

lol, Laura, they really were-- to my complete terror.

You know, now that I think about it, I don't think I let other sims touch a crepe suzette anymore. I hadn't realized, before Amberle, that sims could set themselves on fire with it.

Carla April 28, 2009 at 5:07 PM  

Oh my God, that's hilarious! Poor Amberle!

I've had Sims catch on fire from Baked Alaska too. There's a lot of potentially lethal desserts in TS2!

The Lunar Fox April 28, 2009 at 6:20 PM  

"Potentially lethal desserts..." Hahaha that has to be the most awesome phrasing ever. And so true.

I forget about the baked Alaska. Oh my goodness. Every time a sim bakes it they're risking their lives.

BITTER OLD BITCH May 1, 2009 at 3:23 AM  

ROTFLOLLERSKATES.

To quote Paris Hilton..."That's Hot."

Too funny, keep up the good work. XD

The Lunar Fox May 1, 2009 at 3:38 PM  

Haha, thanks.

T.Irwin May 2, 2009 at 4:40 PM  

too funny! I've never had it happen and I think I would be the one doing all the panicking. LOL!

Anonymous May 2, 2009 at 8:35 PM  

Oh, i see what you mean- that's hilarious - and I thought all she'd have was a cold!

Elizabeth May 7, 2009 at 6:07 PM  

LOL! And I'm glad you didn't have to reset, that's just too funny an event to wipe from the little simmies' memories!

The Lunar Fox May 7, 2009 at 6:46 PM  

Haha, I didn't think of that! I'm sure that Amberle's memories contain the "Fire!" memory about as much as the "met _____" by now.

  © Free Blogger Templates Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP