"And we were dreaming"

>> Monday, April 6, 2009



The alarm clocked hissed.

Amberle reached for it, but it suddenly grew a gaping hole for a mouth which started to mew dangerously and continuously. The mouth grew sharp teeth and the clock hands became hairy eyebrows that pointed just above the 10 and the 2. It looked as if it were angry enough to chase her into her bed and bite her.






Slowly, the dream faded away. As Amberle's mind awoke, she realized it was her fat orange cat, CJ, hissing and mewing loudly from the other room. She had never heard such sounds from him before.

"Oh CJ," she thought as she turned over in her bed, pulling the blanket over her shoulder.



The sounds continued, but Amberle could not rouse her half awake mind. She could only listen to the strange sound coming from her cat even as she thought over and over that she should get up and see what was wrong.



It took an eternity in dream time before Amberle roused herself. She hopped out of bed and headed to the living room to see what was wrong.

CJ had stopped his strange noises, but he still ran to her as if seeking comfort.



"What was all that about, CJ?" Amberle lifted him up and hugged him close. "Did I leave the door closed so you couldn't get to bed? I'm sorry."

In her arms, CJ actually began to purr and nuzzle. It was strange behavior for her usually distant cat. Amberle brought him into the room with her this time, mentally making a note to call a vet in the morning just in case.

10 comments:

Valneanne April 6, 2009 at 8:53 PM  

Good timing! I was just crossing my fingers and hoping for sim-posts to distract me when I updated your site and voilá! There it was. Very curious update too, I wonder what made CJ make those noises? Strange noises during the night is never funny, usually it's only the neighbours playing music in my case, not bizarre cat noises :P

The Lunar Fox April 6, 2009 at 8:59 PM  

Hey Valneanne! Long time no see. I hope all is well.

There's a clue in the third picture. Perhaps I am being too oblique. XD

Anonymous April 7, 2009 at 2:17 AM  

Was there someone in the bedroom? I couldn't see clearly. But whatever set CJ off should be unfriendly, right? Animals can always tell ...

Laura April 7, 2009 at 5:38 AM  

OMG, is that someone's shoulder??? Eeek! Listen to the cat, Amberle!!!

That's so scary though, when you're in that deep sleep, and half conscious of the world around you but can't wake up.

The Lunar Fox April 7, 2009 at 10:45 AM  

I made things more difficult than they should be, but I'll run with that. ;D

So two clues: Possibly someone's shoulder, and something (possibly someone) the cat doesn't like.

Carla April 7, 2009 at 6:33 PM  

Well, you've got my attention! I can't wait to find out what's bothering CJ - how creepy!

T.Irwin April 11, 2009 at 2:44 AM  

As usual, I'm eager to see what happens...I think it's a shoulder. Is someone watching her sleep? creeeeepy!!!

The Lunar Fox April 11, 2009 at 8:00 AM  

I will definitely reveal this one soon so you all won't have to wait too long. ^_^

Elizabeth April 14, 2009 at 7:02 PM  

I'm glad someone talked about the clue ^.^ I can't see those pictures clearly enough to pick up on anything except it's nighttime and there's a blob!! lol!

BUt I still can't wait to see what's going on! *goes to read more updates*

The Lunar Fox April 14, 2009 at 7:41 PM  

lol, sorry! I have the lighting mod in, so I'm sure the pictures are hard to see on some monitors.

Don't worry, this will come back by the end of this season. (Which will be in about two weeks or so.) ^__^

  © Free Blogger Templates Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP