"There are moments when"

>> Monday, April 13, 2009

Ily

(Note: Ily rhymes with smiley. My niece named her. I+L+Y= I love you)




Kate has been driving me batty. She's been doing nothing but talking about Alberta this and Alberta that for weeks in a way that makes it absolutely clear how she must feel-- though she denies it completely despite it being so obvious. So I finally meet the girl, and I just don't see what the big hub bub is about. I mean, she's cute, sure. But she seemed rather quiet when I saw her. I don't know. Maybe you have to get to know her or something.


Gabe and Rich showed up in their casually late way. Listen, Gabe acts cool and laid back, but you want to know his secret? He's actually really shy. I knew him when he was a little kid, and he used to wait for Rich to go up and talk to new people before he would. He's not fooling me with his new act.



Other girls seem to fall for it though. Like Maura Taung. As Gabe and Rich and I stand around conversing, Maura stands behind us staring. If she doesn't back off, I may have to do something about it that won't be very lady-like which might even be considered very Kate-like.

"Did Kate talk to you?" I ask Gabe.

"About what?"

"I don't know. She said she needed to talk to you though." I look around and spot Kate in the water. Is she expecting me to do everything for her? "There she is. You should go talk to her." I can see him hesitating, and I'm ready to shove him in the water, clothes and all. But he takes off his clothes and strips down to his swimming trunks like a good boy.

Then there's me and Rich.

"So, we've gotta be outta here by sunset, right?" Rich asks. "Did you maybe want to do something later?"



I stand in front of him making as big a deal as possible about my having to think about it. "Hmmmmmmm... I dunno, Rich."

Remember to leave them wanting more.


It's almost 6pm. The official curfew is 7pm. After that, we can't be outside. It's sort of a weird rule. It's called a curfew, but we don't have to go home. We just can't be outside. So I start to clean up, and Rich helps me. He catches me up on the hill by the garbage can.



"So did you think about it?"

I just smile as I try not to let on that I have been thinking about it. Down by the ocean side, I can see Gabe and Kate and Alberta playing nice. "Sure. But I get to drive."

Rich grins, then pulls his keys out of his pocket and heads down to the beach to leave them with Gabe.

I also head down to the beach to start getting people to leave and to warn Kate not to stay too late.

6 comments:

Carla April 13, 2009 at 6:39 PM  

Is Ily Kate's older sister then?

Also, what's up with the curfew? Does that apply to all teens? What happens if they get caught breaking it?

The Lunar Fox April 13, 2009 at 7:01 PM  

Yes. Rich and Ily will be going off to college in the fall. ^_^

The curfew applies to everyone and has to do with this. Orlando also mentioned it in the beginning of spring when Amberle went to talk with him about holding a dance for the teens in this entry.

If they get caught breaking it, I imagine which ever Orlando finds the offender, they would offer them a ride home and issue a stern warning.

Laura April 15, 2009 at 12:27 PM  

"Playing nice" lol! I hope we get to see a little more of Rich and Ily soon, they seem like fun :)

The Lunar Fox April 15, 2009 at 2:46 PM  

I'm going to watch Rich and Ily very closely for more stories. Pretty much all of these pics were just me letting Ily and Rich do what they would. She does have some chemistry with him, but she didn't make it easy for him at all!

Anonymous April 20, 2009 at 1:35 AM  

Hmmm - Ily is interesting - don't quite get her yet, but I'm sure she'll be featured again. Like other older sisters, she thinks she knows ALL.

The Lunar Fox April 20, 2009 at 6:08 AM  

Ily was an odd one to write because I don't think I get her either, but I'm sure you're right. she thinks she knows all.

I probably will feature her again, maybe through Rich's eyes. The poor guy. He either doesn't seem to know what he's getting into, or he doesn't care 'cause he kept coming back for more.

  © Free Blogger Templates Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP