Embarrassing Amberle Pt. 2

>> Friday, February 20, 2009


"I must say, you are simply ravishing."



Amberle looked down at her clothes. She was wearing her worn out old weekend clothes-- an old tee shirt with jeans that had tears in them. He was definitely over doing it. "Uh.. thank you, Henry. You look quite nice too." The thought made Amberle blush again. She was never quite sure what to say, and this was the first time she had ever been completely honest.

"You are an elf I hear?"

She was quite used to being asked about her ears. And she was used to people asking if she was an actual elf. But something about the way he phrased his question made her hair stand up in warning.



Amberle put weight on the one foot closest to the stairs. "Well, yes. Technically."

He seemed to notice her weight shift as he smiled and planted himself in a position before the stairs that would be difficult to get around. "That is fascinating. I have never seen an elf."

"Well, they usually stay hidden. I'm not so great at that." Amberle smiled at him, but she felt her training from her old life coming back to her in the urge to curtsy before excusing herself. She fought it though she could see where it came from. He stood tall and graceful before her as if he were trained royalty the way Leander's mother and aunt had been. "I'm sorry, but I have class tomorrow, and I have a bit of preparation to do before bed. Please, excuse me."

She tried to move past his imposing body to the stairs hoping that she wouldn't trip so he would have an excuse to touch her. But in one swift movement, Henry stood in her path with his dark eyes staring at her in a way that she was unaccustomed to being stared at. She had heard of the word "hunger" used to refer to something other than the hunger one gets in their stomach, but she had never seen a look that made it make sense. Now it made sense. He was looking at her with a hunger.



"I was curious. I wanted to go out to eat at the restaurant down the street, but I would feel foolish going on my own. Would you care to join me?"

Amberle's body felt as if it had split in two. Her heart fluttered at his attention turned fully on her, but her stomach churned.

Her cheeks flushed with confusion at the fighting emotions, she shook her head and said, "Sorry," before she stepped around him in a move much more graceful than she had thought she was capable. "Good night."




************************

I just really like that last picture. I actually made an icon of it:

2 comments:

Anonymous February 20, 2009 at 7:41 PM  

And Amberle runs...

Can't wait for what comes next. I don't think Henry's "hunger" will be unsatisfied for long...

The Lunar Fox February 22, 2009 at 2:48 AM  

I almost feel bad for Amberle. She's just not used to getting much attention from anyone other than children and their parents.

So of course faced with someone who shows interest she runs. XD

  © Free Blogger Templates Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP