The Talk

>> Friday, February 27, 2009


Amberle felt as if she had been tricked. Again.



Samantha had said that she wanted to discuss lesson plans. That was why she had invited Amberle out. But it became clear right away that Samantha had more on her mind than simply school.

"So, about Henry; what do you think?"



Amberle sighed. "Oh dear. This was a trap, wasn't it?"

Samantha laughed. "Oh, come on. Spill it. You know, he was asking me about you."



It was Amberle's own fault, really, for agreeing to go out with the teacher of high school students.

Amberle looked around the room for the nearest exit in case she found a need. Instead, Water Mellon, the restaurant owner and celebrity chef extraordinaire, caught her eye. He was walking from table to table, greeting people with a smile.

"Samantha..." Amberle said in a quiet and almost mournful tone, but Samantha was only watching Water as he moved closer to their table. Amberle did not exactly want the conversation to return to the topic of herself or of Henry, yet she still asked, "What do you think about Henry? Doesn't something seem, I dunno, weird about him?"

Samantha appeared to fight herself in order to take her gaze off of her former lover and return to the problem at hand. "Weird? Do you mean because he's the most handsome sim ever? Or do you mean because he seems to have an interest in you?"

"Both, I guess. He doesn't know me."



"Good evening ladies." Water Mellon stood at the end of their table, a small smile on his lips at seeing Samantha again. Inwardly, Amberle's heart beat hard in fear for Samantha and for Demi, Water's partner. Nothing good would come of this.

Water took Samantha's hand and kissed it in greeting. At Amberle, he made a small little bow, clearly aware that she was not going to freely offer her hand to be kissed.



"It's good to see you two. How is my daughter behaving in school?" He said to Amberle. "Amália isn't rubbing off on her, is she?"

Amberle tried to smile at the thought of Ama influencing her innocent cousin, Melanie. "Oh dear. Aren't the boys supposed to be the troublesome ones?"



Samantha smirked. "Oh they are once they're teens. Some of the things I put up with. Especially from that Gabe of yours."

Water laughed but with a flirtatious wink. "I think you two ladies deserve some dessert on the house for all the work you do with our future generations."

"Thank you," Samantha smiled up at him, the corners of her mouth curling up sensually.

Water went back to the kitchen leaving the women alone. A small time later, two large slices of chocolate mint cake were sent out to them.

Amberle glanced at Samantha. "You still like him, don't you?"



"Who wouldn't love someone who makes cake like this?" Samantha took another small bite and gently savored it before she swallowed it. "You know, they say how you eat indicates how you have sex."

Amberle swallowed her bite before she could chew it. She was sure her face turned bright red. "You're horrible!" Amberle leaned forward and whispered, "He's basically married."

Samantha shrugged. "Not technically. And not happily. He can't be. She's all wrong for him."

"Samantha..."

"Anyway, we're here to talk about you not me. Henry and you."

Amberle shoveled a large chunk of the thick chocolate cake into her mouth to give her an excuse to not answer any of Samantha's questions.



Samantha only laughed. "Wow... that was a large bite. So that's how you like it, huh? Perhaps I'll let Henry know."

Amberle gulped down her bite; her jaw dropped in surprise. She couldn't even choke out another "Horrible!" in all her embarrassment.




**************************

So I had something completely different to be posted today, but I changed my mind and posted this instead.

There are two main reasons I chose to post this now (among a few others). First off, Water has to be my most handsome sim ever (and all Maxis genes). (Just look!) The second reason I am not going to tell you now, but virtual cookies if you can guess!

I will hint that reason number two is not in the text, it's just the pictures (including the one I just linked to). Oh, that probably only muddies things up more. I'm horrible at giving hints. XD




Next week:


Someone needs to borrow a cup of sugar. Can Amberle hand over the cup without causing an accident?

3 comments:

Carla February 27, 2009 at 3:31 PM  

Poor Amberle. She seems to have had nothing but awkward/embarrassing conversations and encounters lately!

Anonymous February 27, 2009 at 5:33 PM  

I'm not even going to try to guess - ha ha - I don't know Mellon and Samantha well...

I don't know, I'm partial to Leander actually and his yummy pullover - ha ha - what I'm wondering about is - if Henry starts hanging around more, will that elicit some sort of response from Leander?

The Lunar Fox February 27, 2009 at 7:43 PM  

Just wait till you see her next week. She's so cute!

Oooh, simstate, you're so good. I can't let Leander go of course. He is way too cute.

And for the second reason, I'll keep my mouth shut. I think I'm the only one who sees it because I know, but it'll be clear later. ^__^

  © Free Blogger Templates Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP