Wild

>> Saturday, August 15, 2009

Approximate ages: Water- 34, Samantha- 36



"Water, what're you doing here?"


She hadn't seen him since the old days when they lived in the land across the sea. It felt as if she had been so young then, and so much more foolish.

"I didn't want to be alone." His voice and breath came quickly, almost gruffly, in a manner not at all usual for the calm and collected lover she knew.


She could still remember what he said that last day she saw him. "I can't do this anymore to Demi-- or Mel," he had said as he stood on her doorstep. Then he left with not even a last kiss. It had been like losing someone unexpectedly. Since that day, eating food had become a chore like cleaning the house. Food in particular reminded her of him, but she could find his absence in almost anything if she looked hard enough.

"I don't want to talk."

"What then did you come here for?"



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Demi left me."

"What?" Samantha turned to him, but it was clear he was not going to say more. Did Samantha really need to know any more than that? She sighed and leaned back on her pillow.


"And I just found out I have a son."

"Gabe Mellon?"

"How did you know?"

Only half her mouth could muster the engery for a smile. "I'm his teacher."

"Oh."

Words had never been a barrier between the two of them before. Their attraction had been so basic that words were never needed. He would strut in and carry her to the bed where they would do anything that came to mind without fear or judgment.

Perhaps it had simply been unrealistic. The two had been free to play because their lives at the time were so set in rituals and responsibilities that when they met, it was an unspoken agreement that they would allow each other the freedom they couldn't have in normal life.

Had she loved him or just that feeling of freedom? Had he loved her or had he only wanted that feeling of being a teenager, again, doing something he knew he shouldn't do?

Samantha looked at him and a resolve formed. "I won't do this again, Water. I want something serious. I want someone who will really be there for me, not someone who'll just show up to cart me off to the bedroom when his wife is out of town."

Water looked surprised. "I'm not ready for anything serious, Sam. Not right now."

"Then I'm not ready to get back into this. I think it would be best if you left now."


*************************


One for the bloopers:

In the middle of her hookup, Alberta called. Doesn't Sam look thrilled? (In case you can't tell, she's yawning, LOL.) Alberta is either really lonely or cares about her grades more than I suspected, because she calls Sam a lot. It's kinda cute.

Also-- PHEW. This entry was a long time coming. I had this horrible "DEBUG- Super Duper Hug" thing that I decided I needed to get rid of, so for the past two days, I was going through my hacks to find out the culprit. Finally, after I became suspicious, I took everything out and still had the DEBUG options! Turns out that it might possibly have had something to do with the Control This Sim hack by Dolphin over at MTS. It was making random debug options show and multiply, and even once taken out, the options still showed.

Either way, the way to fix it is to installed the updated version, then visit infected houses and save. The DEBUG options will disappear.

6 comments:

Carla August 16, 2009 at 8:15 PM  

Have we seen Gabe and Samantha together before? They're an interesting pair. It never occurred to me before but Samantha must be privy to a bit of gossip in the hood through her students.

Oh, and have you put an aging system in place or is this something you've always had in your head and haven't noted on the blog before?

You know, I get that debug thing sometimes. :\ I haven't paid enough attention to it to figure out if it's always on particular lots or not but it's definitely not on every lot. It doesn't seem to cause any problems though, so I'm too lazy to do anything to fix it. I was hoping you'd say it was caused by some hack I had to save me the trouble but I don't have that one!

The Lunar Fox August 16, 2009 at 8:49 PM  

That's a really good question! No, I haven't shown them together, but in a bit of subconscious writing, Kate makes an observation in this entry:

"Gabe, as usual, was tied up finishing his work. (Kate was starting to think that Ms. Kerr actually gave him extra work to keep him in his seat longer.)"

Kate may have been right. XD


I do talk about my aging system over here. It is mostly in my head, and I use it to strike a comfortable balance between game play and story telling for me. Any ages I throw out are always "approximate" or "in human years" for the benefit of those reading to better understand mental age of the character. (Also, a reminder to myself that the residential directory is behind in approximate ages.)


I'm not sure what caused it. It's possible that it may have been another hack. Dolphin's Control hack was updated in 2007, and I am pretty sure that I didn't have it before then. But it seems to fix the problem. The other issue was that sims all of a sudden would become super huggy. It was kind of annoying.

Laura August 16, 2009 at 9:07 PM  

Hmmm, I'm speculating things here... I don't know if I'm supposed to or not... is she supposed to be Gabe's mother? That would explain why Gabe was so grossed out by what he learned, if it was his teacher, lol! ;)

But anyway, what a neat glimpse into the past. Somehow I'm not surprised to see these two had a thing going, must be that you've written them well. They do seem to have chemistry.

Alberta is too cute! :)

The Lunar Fox August 16, 2009 at 9:32 PM  

lol, speculation is perfectly fine and fun. That's a good one too. Wouldn't that be disturbing?

Thank you, Laura. I have a soft spot for these two.

Anonymous August 19, 2009 at 5:05 PM  

Good for Samantha, she needed to stand up to Water. Having all the women in his life leave might be just what he needs

The Lunar Fox August 19, 2009 at 5:22 PM  

Ooh... I hadn't even considered it that way. This is probably just what he needs. He's been a little selfish-- possibly more than a little!

About

My photo
I'm a proudly nerdy girl who knows too much about X-Men and has stories running through her head when walking. This is really my first real attempt to share just a few of the stories that not only play in my head when walking, but play out when I'm playing my sims. I hope you enjoy. ^___^

  © Free Blogger Templates Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP