End of Autum 3: Bastard

>> Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The last time we saw Sofia (Quite a while ago!)



"You bastard!" Sofia stood tense before him, ready to spring. She wanted to rip his throat out, to feel his stolen blood gushing out and pouring onto her own body. But something kept her back. Her body refused to move towards him despite her wishes.


He stood calmly before the fire. "That is no way to speak to the one who gave you second life. In fact, you shouldn't be able to speak that way. You are stronger than I gave you credit for."

"I'm pregnant. How the hell am I pregnant?"

He didn't seem shocked. Sofia took another step closer in her desire to rip out his throat. "Are you sure?"


"I know when I'm pregnant, asshole. How the hell am I pregnant?"

Henry barely looked up as if a thought had occurred to him. "Is it mine?"

Sofia growled as she tried to take another step towards him. Her body refused to step forward. Since she had turned, her body had been like a stranger to her. Her reflexes were better, faster, and she could run all night without getting tired. But as she had found out the night she tried to kill him, her body would not let her harm him.

"It has to be yours." Her strange body tensed and her arms became glued to her side with a tightened fist at the end. Were she still able to feel pain, she would have felt her nails cutting into her hands.

She had last seen him at the beginning of summer. They would spend time teaching her how to live her new life and deal with her new body.


Like a fool, she assumed that being a living dead creature meant she could let go of all the precautions she had learned early in her life. She had been an utter fool. It was another mistake she would never make again.

"I'm not keeping it."

Henry laughed at her. "Are you going to go into the doctor with your condition? Do you think a normal doctor can get rid of a full vampire child?"

"I will kill it."

"You will not." Henry gazed into her eyes as he issued the comand which buzzed around in her head. "If you do not want it, there will be alternatives."

"Ah, but you won't be the one taking it, I see." Just like a man. Personal experience had taught her enough to know to never count on anyone else and never believe a word said.

"I have my own part to play."



******************


The plot thickens! lol, I'm seriously making a lot of this up as I go along. It's really a lot of fun. I generally have an idea of where I want to go ahead of time, but until I get to the point I can see I my head, I don't know what's going to happen.

Mostly, what I want to tell you is that this storyline is sort of a ground work for possible upcoming stories. I've tried to hide a few clues, but it's hard to gauge just how effective they are right now. Mostly because I am not well practiced at these sort of things.

At some point, I will point back to some of these entries and go, "See, that's why he--".

As for the how, I am going with the idea that once a sim is turned into a vampire, females still have eggs that get turned as well. Sofia assumed that once she was turned she became barren. But she still has eggs to work through. Once those are gone though, she won't be able to have children.


12 comments:

Mizzgin03 August 27, 2009 at 6:54 AM  

I'm always interested to see how people approach the use of vampires......there's just so many different ways and so mauch lore surrounding them......I wonder what the "alternatives" for the baby are......

Laura August 27, 2009 at 7:45 AM  

Oh wow, this is interesting. So would the child be born vampire then? (Because he called it a "full vampire child.") I can't wait to see what happens.

I think you do great with clues and hints and mystery. There's always lots I'm dying to find out, and that's good. Suspense drives this story well!

I tend to work that way when I write too, working toward a particular scene or event. It's good to have an objective in mind, but at the same time, remain open to change :)

Wayne August 27, 2009 at 12:25 PM  

Good blog, I haven't found anything like this before

The Lunar Fox August 27, 2009 at 2:42 PM  

I've never been a big "vampire" person (like my 14 year old niece is right now), but it is fun. I'm pretty much making it up right now, though I do have this link which explains at least some of my supernaturals which were introduced in the Connections storyline.


Thank you Laura! I'm glad that my efforts are working. We do blog very similarly, don't we? It's much easier than actually sitting down to write a real story.

I am definitely going to have fun with the kid. You know, even though I proof read this story at least twice since writing it, that phrase "full vampire child" slipped past my filter. Had to go back and see where it was said. Partially the subconscious at work again there. XD


Thanks Griever, and welcome. That means a lot.

Laura August 27, 2009 at 4:52 PM  

It's really not as different from traditional writing as you might think. You just add to it bit by bit, with some vision or idea you're writing towards. The process (at least for me) is actually very similar to what I do when I'm writing a first draft.

Anyway, you should give yourself more credit as a storyteller. I think you'd do well with traditional fiction :)

Carla August 27, 2009 at 5:40 PM  

Dun dun dun! So Sofia's baby will be a vampire, because her eggs would have turned when she did. This will be really interesting to watch play out.

Henry and his "part to play" sound a bit sinister, don't they?

By the way, I really like how you create suspense in your stories, with little clues here and there. There's a balance between revealing everything all at once and keeping everything so under wraps that it's frustrating for the reader and you seem to have found a good middle ground with that.

The Lunar Fox August 27, 2009 at 9:48 PM  

My main problem with writing any sort of full on story is I'm horrible at focusing long enough to complete it. I never quite get to a 1st draft. So this story could go one forever! XD

But really, thank you.


Carla, Henry did sound a bit sinister. I've said I wasn't sure if he's going to be a good guy, a bad guy, a good bad guy or a bad good guy.

Thank you. It's hard to gauge how well I'm walking the line until I post it and get reactions.

Anonymous August 28, 2009 at 1:21 PM  

Ohhh vampires. I always admire stories that use supes because I'm so adamant about not using them. I love vampires, have since I was 8, so I look forward to seeing more

The Lunar Fox August 28, 2009 at 1:43 PM  

I love the super natural elements in the game. I'm a total comic book type nerd, so out there things are a necessity.

There will be plenty more coming up soon with the vampires.

T.Irwin August 29, 2009 at 3:38 AM  

Love it!!!

maisie August 31, 2009 at 5:32 PM  

Hello hot, scantily clad vampire man! This entry sucked me right in, need more.quick! I can't wait to watch this unfold!!!

The Lunar Fox August 31, 2009 at 6:07 PM  

lol, isn't he awesome? He's Lord Carfax by Atomic Space Kitty at MTS. (He's also technically seeing an Elf right now, since oh about summer. XD)

About

My photo
I'm a proudly nerdy girl who knows too much about X-Men and has stories running through her head when walking. This is really my first real attempt to share just a few of the stories that not only play in my head when walking, but play out when I'm playing my sims. I hope you enjoy. ^___^

  © Free Blogger Templates Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP