New House

>> Tuesday, January 27, 2009



Elizabeth stepped into the living room of their very first house. It was small and old, but she loved it. A small Victorian style house with a large yard, as soon as she had seen it she had seen the possibilities.

"It's perfect," she said with a large smile. "Isn't it?"



Aden came in and stepped past her. He had been quiet on the whole ride over in a way that made Elizabeth worry again. "It's okay," he said as he placed a small box on top of a larger one.

Elizabeth walked towards the little nook near the front door. The loan had gone through for the house, but it had barely paid for it which meant the wedding was delayed. Not that Aden had been in a big rush. Right before they moved, he had told her about Green's three babies and the one who hadn't made it. He wanted the wedding put on hold out of respect, and Elizabeth couldn't argue with that.



Essentially, it had been Richard Mellon, The Mayor, who had changed the course of their lives. He had refused to loan them any city funds so they were completely on their own. Now they were 20k in debt, in an old house that needed repairs which they lacked the funds to make.

It was rather unfair. The other council member (for there were currently only two) had a huge house on The Hill. The Mayor had an even larger house on The Hill.

Not that Elizabeth cared about such things as social status. She would be happy if Aden would just be happy. But he was certain that he was being held back by the mayor simply because of his mother. Aden's mother (who Elizabeth had yet to meet) had been a Non-Persona Class service sim. It was one of the lowest positions held in their sim society. As such, although it sounded like Aden's family was happy for the most part, they lived on farms outside of the city.

Aden had been happy in college. Elizabeth wasn't sure when he had suddenly changed into this angry sim that almost frightened her at times. She hoped that she hadn't been the one to sour him because now she was ready to spend the rest of her life with him.

An exasperated gargle sounded from Aden's throat at the same time that there was a loud bang on one of the boxes.



Elizabeth turned in surprise, but Aden only walked away silently.




Creepy Pic

Clearly, Aden is angry about something.

I went back to Aden and Elizabeth's old apartment, and although their apartment is now vacant, they game still thinks they live there.

I was playing the apartment of Alberta Ferguson and her grandmother when I unwisely unlocked the door for only one second. Elizabeth came in to grab food off the family's little dining table. Then the girl passed out right on the floor! I wish I had gotten a pic. She looked like some hobo living on the street. They are indeed poor, but I didn't realize they needed to beg for food from former neighbors who are still living in the cheap apartments in the slum!

6 comments:

Unknown January 31, 2009 at 8:01 PM  

That apartment glitch happened to me. A family in my hood (The Lamberts) moved out of the trailer park. When I entered the trailer park to play the Steele family, the game still thought the Lamberts lived there. Sascha and Otis Lambert are always there, but they won't go into their old apartment..they just hang out in the common area. How wierd!

The Lunar Fox January 31, 2009 at 8:29 PM  

So far it's been the only downside to Apartment Life. :( I heard about this issue from other players, but I haven't gone searching for the fix yet.

If I find one, I'll let you know. It's an awfully silly glitch.

Anonymous February 8, 2009 at 4:18 AM  

Yeah, this has happened to me - it's awfully annoying when you play the sim at their new place, they're in the red (hunger, peed on the floor, etc.) and one even lost his job!
Since then, I've only put in 1 sim family per apartment at one time. I've noticed that this only happens when there are more than one playable sim family in the apartment lot, and one family moves out.

The Lunar Fox February 8, 2009 at 6:13 AM  

OH, I see. So when it's only one family in the apartment, then the apartment can sort of reset.

That's a shame! I love having neighbors. You know, so sims bump into each other and I can ponder the significance. :)

bbop September 26, 2009 at 10:00 AM  

Well, angry sims... we'll see about that!

and I love when sims bump into each other, because I love when my game seems real!

And I realized I use so many exclaimation points. or should I say !

The Lunar Fox September 26, 2009 at 10:40 AM  

I love exclamation points! So don't stop using them. ^____^ And !

  © Free Blogger Templates Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP