Are you in there?

>> Friday, January 30, 2009


Alberta had to get away at least until the other students had hopped on the bus and disappeared. She stood in the toilet stall, the chemical scent of stale potpourri burning her nostrils. Admittedly it was not the best hiding place, but it got her away from Gabe Mellon and his glances at her.



It was only her first day at school with the rest of the city teens and already she had met the greatest terror in her life-- the unwanted attention of Gabriel Mellon, the son of the city mayor. The older boy had changed seats so that he sat next to her. As if that weren't bad enough he had actually talked to her.



To make matters worse, the teacher called on Alberta to answer a question she hadn't heard because she had been too busy nodding stupidly and saying "uuuuh" when Gabe kept trying to ask her questions. Gabe had tried sliding a note within her field of vision with the answer, but Alberta had noticed the note at the same time as the teacher. Ms. Kerr had laughed as she asked Gabe to stop passing "love notes" to Alberta so she could focus on the class.

Alberta could have died of embarrassment as the entire class giggled-- including Gabriel! She felt there was no way she could return to class tomorrow.

The bathroom door opened and Alberta tensed.

"Alberta, are you in there?" It was the soft voice of Kate, the girl with the blond short hair. She also lived on the hill. Her parents were not city council members or assemblymen, instead they were simply rich. And her mother actually sat on the board for the school which had determined that Alberta could come to their school with their children.

Alberta stood quietly for a moment before she unlocked the door and stepped out in shame.



Kate smiled at her. "Are you ok? You shouldn't take Ms. Kerr too serious. She knows Gabe was trying to help you. She meant to shame him, but he's got no shame."



Alberta only nodded though she didn't see how she wasn't meant to be ashamed.

"Gabe asked me to come in here and get you out before you miss the bus."

"Oh... I-- I don't take the bus." Alberta didn't add that she only lived down the street in the slum apartments where other poor service sims lived.

"Are your parents picking you up? We could wait with you. I'm sure the bus driver wouldn't mind."



Alberta was slightly horrified at Kate's attempt at kindness. "Oh no. I mean thank you, but that's ok."

Kate only shrugged. "Well, you better get out there anyway or Ms. Kerr will come looking for you with more of her jokes."


Alberta waited for the bus to pull away before she dared to walk home. She had caught Gabe's glance for only a second before he seemed to turn to his brother and start laughing in a way that made Alberta's cheeks redden further in embarrassment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alberta's grandmother was created to be a place holder for the cemetery, but I got a little carried away with the creation of that family.

Well, the kids needed a student at that high school who wasn't related to them anyway.

So on her first day, I had Samantha Kerr stand at the front of the class and "introduce" Alberta.


This was Gabe's face.


And when she went to take her seat, he couldn't take his eyes off her.

10 comments:

Unknown January 31, 2009 at 7:14 PM  

First of all, I love your writing style! I felt like I was reading a real novel! Lol, I was totally enveloped in the story the entire time. I love how you're showing what it's like at the school. And Gabe's face when he first saw the new student was priceless! He's in love for sure. I'll definitely be back to read more!

The Lunar Fox January 31, 2009 at 8:26 PM  

Thank you so much. ^__^

I'm trying to dare myself to write about unusual places about town. So schools, places of business, and uhm bathrooms.

Unknown January 31, 2009 at 8:46 PM  

Well it was very unique and extremely enjoyable. In fact, I went back and read everything from the beginning! Very creative storylines and those intimate scenes between Green and Elizabeth were amazing! I had to take my sweatshirt off; it got so hot in here!

The Lunar Fox February 1, 2009 at 4:12 PM  

Thank you so much, Mandie. I can't tell you how much your comments perked me up. <3

Anonymous February 2, 2009 at 9:15 AM  

Hi! I just sort of "dumped" onto this blog, so I'll be going back in time and reading from the beginning, but it looks really nice :) I LOVE LOVE Alberta and Gabriel seems amusing, and I don't even know anything about them yet! At any rate, I'll scuttle back and read, but I just wanted you to know it looks really awesome :)

The Lunar Fox February 2, 2009 at 6:53 PM  

Welcome, and thank you very much. I must say that you plus Mandie euqual two more readers than I thought I would have. ^___^

(And I adore Alberta too. I hope that I can do her some justice because she's just too adorable a sim.)

Laura February 4, 2009 at 8:15 AM  

One more reader here too! This is very well-written - I like the more story-focused neighborhood blogs. I'll be digging through some more of your old entries for sure! :)

The Lunar Fox February 4, 2009 at 6:57 PM  

Wow. Thank you, Laura, for you kind compliment.

I'm almost tempted to tell you to forget the older entries. Just keep reading forward. XD

Anonymous February 8, 2009 at 4:26 AM  

I love Alberta, from what I've seen so far. She's struggling with a lot of insecurity. It's great how you develop your stories - like the others have said - it's like reading a book really. For free ;-) and with pretty pictures.

The Lunar Fox February 8, 2009 at 6:17 AM  

Thank you, SImstate. I must admit I've been reading a lot of Lothere over the past few months. (Now that is a serious story!)

You know when you play you always have those stories in your head. I thought it was time I try catching a few of them and putting them down on paper.

  © Free Blogger Templates Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP