Welcome to Maria Rodriguez Elementary

>> Thursday, May 29, 2008


These events take place before Tierra De Legado.






Amberle woke early on Sunday to find she was absolutely terrified! The kids would be there tomorrow. Was she prepared?


She had a brilliant idea. She would invite the kids over on Sunday for a few hours to calm her nerves and to meet the children.



Currently, there are six children enrolled- Gabe and Richard III Mellon, Aaron Stratton, Glenda and Maxen Stratton, and Kate Stratton.







It worked well. The next day, the kids were prepared. They come in at 8am sharp. One child feeds the animals in the morning.














The gerbil's name is Pepper, by the way.


After doing their chores, the children sit down to a lecture for an hour, generally from 9am to 10am.



Then they break for group work. Since there are exactly six children, they break off in groups of two.



For the first day, Gabe and Richard worked on fertilizing the Garden using the compost. (An important lesson in ecology and nature-- Amberle's specialty.)

Each child got to plant one plant each.

Here is Glenda and her Partner, Kate planting their tomato seed. Each morning, one child waters the plant and another child tends the plants. Because weeding takes so long, the child doing this chore misses Amberle's lecture to the class, so they get a one on one session with Amberle imparting her knowledge.


This time after the lecture ends until lunch is skilling time. The children study out of the library various skills (the first being cooking-- Amberle was very adamant that they get enough skill points to bake a good muffin.)


Once the children are done with their skilling (usually by meeting some pre-set goal), they are free to do what they would like.



Here Kate and Gabe collect bugs.

Glenda reads one of the many hobby magazines laying about.



Everyone has lunch around 11:30 or so. Depending on when Amberle is done fixing one of her simple and healthy lunches. This is a great time for the kids to hang out and bond with each other.


After lunch, it's free time. Here, Richard practices on the piano as the boys practice dancing. The girls practice painting.



The funnest part about this set is that I can pretend to have Amberle give lectures. That's thanks to Rose_maman at TSR and her AbelVille Elementary School Items. The items of this set are simply beautiful, and there is one item, a craft basket which you see off to the right of Amberle's lecture picture that allows it to look like Amberle's teaching the class. Meanwhile, without having to turn off free will, the kids will have a seat and stay there when I tell them to, so while Amberle is lecturing, they're chatting and building friendships. Thank you, Rosie!

And I call the students in using Simlogical's meeting controller.

4 comments:

Rosie May 30, 2008 at 7:22 AM  

Oh! I like what you did!
I had fun reading...will you keep going? :0)

I'll come back to see what happens with Miss Amberle...

Rosie :0)

The Lunar Fox May 30, 2008 at 8:56 AM  

I love Amberle, and I still have two more days to play her on this rotation. She actually has a bit of back story with little Gabriel which I have links to here: http://www.freewebs.com/thelegacyvillage/stories.htm

Anonymous February 10, 2009 at 5:05 PM  

I'm not sure how I missed this - I liked this little description of how you run your school for the kids.

I don't play a school for kids myself, so I like reading about it!

The Lunar Fox February 10, 2009 at 6:33 PM  

Thanks Simstate. It is an older entry, but this is still how I run my schools.

I do actually play through them, but now students get more time since I've worked out the whole aging thing.

(Plus in this entry, here's a little Gabe and Kate! Awwww!)

About

My photo
I'm a proudly nerdy girl who knows too much about X-Men and has stories running through her head when walking. This is really my first real attempt to share just a few of the stories that not only play in my head when walking, but play out when I'm playing my sims. I hope you enjoy. ^___^

  © Free Blogger Templates Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP