Late Night Meeting

>> Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Last time we saw the cult-- I mean the Church for Wayward NPCs, Demi Love, partner to Water Mellon and mother of his two daughters, joined.

The last time we saw Joseph (AKA Mr. Big), he was on the run from Sofia Stratton, and so he went to the last place she'd think to look-- her own brother's church. (This update also includes information on the Church as well, for those just starting to read along with me.)




Quiet finally fell over the compound once everyone was in bed at their enforced bedtime.



Joseph couldn't sleep. He never could when they went to bed so damn early. Instead, he lay in bed looking to the ceiling, still half dressed in an undershirt and boxers. Nearby lay a pair of pants he left out and his old overcoat which Tristin had asked him to get rid of.

Joseph was no idiot. He's already gotten rid of his cell phone. Get rid of his clothes and then Tristin would ask him to get rid of his name. Joe was no sad little sim looking to fit in.


Near-by, he heard the girl in the bed next to him softly breathing rhythmically. One of the few plus sides of living out here was that at least Tristin was free with the women. For the most part. It was pretty clear that the one who'd given birth to his child was off limits though he never expressly said that. That only left the two others. And one of those two had a man who was coming around looking for his children.

He's been out just that morning. Tristin had asked Joe to stand near-by as he ran the man off again.

It'd been pretty tense. "Where are my daughters?"

Joe had to give it to Tristin; he could be as cold as Sofia. "They want nothing to do with you. Leave, Water."


Luckily a fight didn't break out because Joe wasn't sure what he'd have done. The man had a right to his kids, and frankly, Joe would prefer it if he took the older whiny one who was constantly yelling or crying over everything and anything.

The man left, though he was clearly not happy about it. Joe almost felt bad enough to help (and desperate enough to get the whiny kid out), but he couldn't risk pissing Tristin off. This was the last place Sofia would look for him with the last person Sofia would expect him to be with.

Anyway, it didn't matter. None of it did unless he couldn't get control of the business from Sofia. Right now, he was powerless and moneyless, and without even a damn cell phone. Joe only had his friends left.


Joe sat up carefully, the springs of his mattress squeaking just barely and still sounding too loud in the quiet of the room. He slipped his pants on and threw the coat on over. He'd only have to be outside for a moment. The tricky part was getting downstairs and outside.

The cold air burned the sensitive skin on his cheeks as soon as he stepped outside. A boy stood on the sidewalk waiting close to the doors of the church. He had to be freezing. All he had on was a long sleeved shirt. No one expected it to be so cold so far inland.

"'ey," Joe said casually. Teen boys didn't normally stand out front of churches in the middle of nowhere to pick up girls.

The boy reached out to shake his hand, slipping the tiny cell phone into his palm in one smooth move. Armando had said something about a new boy-- one no one would expect. Something about a boy of pedigree, the mayor's son or something like that. Said he would be useful or was it helpful?

"Thanks kid."

The kid did look pretty sharp. He didn't stick around long enough to chat, and he hardly seemed impressed with Joe. Just gave a nod and walked off down the road casually with out even a quip about the weather.





**********************



Woo, sorry, it's been a while. I swear I haven't completely defected to TS3. Mostly, I'm using TS3 to illustrate very old stories, so it's rather easy to get sucked into those again.

But I still have plans for this story! So I'm going to shoot for an update every week or so on this blog.

I'd also like to take this time to invite those of you who enjoy writing to Valley Sun Sims forum. I've already mentioned it to a few people who I knew enjoy writing. It's a nice way to meet people, and find new stories. Plenty of us are using TS3 for stories, but plenty of TS2 people have been joining as well.

10 comments:

Anonymous October 14, 2009 at 1:42 AM  

Intriguing story. I have to say, I love Joe's 'voice'. He sounds very street smart.

I can't imagine what it would be like to get rid of one's name. Wonder how he'll deal with it.

The Lunar Fox October 14, 2009 at 5:40 AM  

Hey Carnaxa. Thanks. Voices is something I've always felt a little weak at, so I'm glad that his personality does shine through.

Oops, it wasn't too clear from the text, I didn't mean that Tristin had done or would do such a thing, but that Joseph feels he's onto Tristin's little game. Give Tristin an inch and he'll take a mile.

Carla October 14, 2009 at 4:52 PM  

Oooh, I've been waiting to read more about the cult!

Is Armando the guy who runs the club that Gabe was gambling at several entries ago? I'm kind of intrigued as to how Gabe ended up with this task but if Armando is who I think he is, then it makes sense.

The Lunar Fox October 14, 2009 at 6:06 PM  

Bingo! ^___^ For anyone who needs the refresher, Carla's referencing this post.

I have a couple more entries lined up for the cult. I had some fun play sessions with them!

Tanja October 15, 2009 at 9:44 PM  

Very intriguing story, as always I can't wait to read more!

I'm so jealous of your writing-talent! I just can't tell stories that way! Or maybe I love playing too much, and don't want to put too much time in wrinting! Anyway, love the update!

Anonymous October 20, 2009 at 12:19 PM  

OOOO and the plot thickens. I love the mystery behind the compound

bbop October 29, 2009 at 12:35 PM  

I really enjoyed this update...

and so, lunar, can I also say I LOVE YOU FOR STICKING WITH SIMS 2!!!

I thought sims 3 was awful, and theres so much more I want to say but I don't want to offend anyone. Let's just say that I put too much time and money (400 bucks) and love into my sims 2 to just throw it all away for something new and shiny.

So please continue your story!

The Lunar Fox October 29, 2009 at 2:08 PM  

Well thanks guys!

I do love my Sims 2 in a way I still can't love Sims 3, though I will ask you to at least check out Ruin. I know it uses TS3, but it's delving into a world and story that mean quite a bit much more to me. That's the only reason these updates have dropped at all.

S.B. December 3, 2009 at 5:39 PM  

I've been missing here, I know, but I love what you do with this. Not only are the characters very clearly developed, but you have a wonderful talent for bringing the reader into the place. It's cold; what they're wearing; why it's appropriate or inappropriate. Wonderful, wonderful writing!

I will check out Ruin. I find it somewhat difficult to get into stories illustrated with TS3, but that's a silly bias.

The Lunar Fox December 3, 2009 at 6:24 PM  

Thank you very much, S.B. Coming from you that is quite a compliment.

lol, I know what you mean. I really had trouble getting into illustrated stories with TS3 too at first, but then I realized the versatility! I can make any body shape, and their faces are so natural sometimes it's almost creepy. Other times their faces are so unnatural they look like dolls which is still creepy. I'm actually trying to use a bit of that creepiness in the pictures when I can.

About

My photo
I'm a proudly nerdy girl who knows too much about X-Men and has stories running through her head when walking. This is really my first real attempt to share just a few of the stories that not only play in my head when walking, but play out when I'm playing my sims. I hope you enjoy. ^___^

  © Free Blogger Templates Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP