What he doesn't know

>> Monday, December 21, 2009

Still here and still have this story rattling around in my head. I know where I want it to go, but don't know if I have the energy or time to continue this and Ruin. But I still love TS2.

So I played a bit this week as a break from "serious" writing, and as always can't resist sharing some of their stories. Especially some of the college kids. (And Ama, but that's for later.)


Let's see if I can remember approximate ages:

Ily ~ 19
Rich ~ 18

Ethan and Ashley ~ 21


Their very first dinner party together in their own little house. Rich hadn't exactly been for it. He'd tried to talk her out of it, but she'd been determined. And when she had that glint in her eye it was impossible to talk her out of anything.

She'd even tried practice cooking for their very first dinner party.

There's a reason she doesn't usually cook. But if she was that determined, then how could he say no?

Over all it went well. Ily's brother, Ethan, came and brought his girlfriend. Ashley was cute, but a little boring. Rich really had nothing to talk to her about.


Honestly, he tried. Giving Ily and her brother some quiet time to catch up, he followed Ashley to the living room and started chatting with her, but all she wanted was to work on her assignment for class.

Cute, but not the sort of girl he liked. Of that he was sure. Too bookish and shy. It was only a small get together, and she apparently couldn't handle being social for those two hours.

To top off the weird night, Alberta called.


"Ily? She's talking with her brother in the other room. Did you want to leave a message? You need to ask her opinion on something? Maybe I can help. Okay, okay, calm down. I'll tell her you called."

That was another one that mystified him. Gabe and Alberta made no sense to him. He'd told Gabe so more than once. She was young and shy and timid. Who wants to deal with all that? Gabe of course then shot back with his own thoughts on Ily. Definitely drew a stalemate and an agreement to not talk about it.


Ily was having the most fun of the two of them, especially considering the brotherly advice she received from Ethan.

"I'll tell you what you need..."

Ily wondered if Ashley, future librarian, had actually gone along with this plan for excitement. Ily herself hadn't allowed for much more than their messing around in the fitting room.

The furthest they got to doing anything really really naughty in a public place was the couch. And that was after much cajoling on Rich's part. She wasn't going to tell Ethan that though. Not if she wanted him to sit there later.


After having spent a semester with Rich, she still didn't feel it. Whatever it was. She just knew she wasn't feeling it. Rich was cute and had a bright future, and he seemed so into her, stealing glances like they were still sitting near each other in school and hadn't been sleeping together all semester.

It could be the day to day life stuff and how boring it really was. Eat, sleep, do homework, and have sex. Like it was on a list of things to do. She wasn't passive, by all means, though she generally let him make the first move. She went along with it usually hoping she'd get better. That she would love him back.

When he was out at class, she would take time to call one person a day. Her mother and father. Kate. And Water Mellon, her old boss.

It was stupid. Just a crush really. Still, he seemed happy to hear from her and hear about college. Their conversation lasted longer than her phone conversations usually did. In most cases, people just wanted to know she was alive. Water actually wanted to hear how she was doing.

And it made her stomach flip.


There was a very small list of valid candidates as far as Ily was concerned. They had to have a bright future, they had to love her, and they had to be good at taking orders. Rich was all of that. He seemed to generally strive to make her happy.

Did it really matter? Love wasn't something Ily was prone to believe in anyway. It was all about compatibility. And they were compatible. Better than most. Where there was passion, there was a chance for failure. With love came hate.


"Ily, why are you looking at me like that?"

"Just admiring the view. How do you cook so well and stay so skinny?"

"Don't overeat? You're weird, Ily."


****************************

I have too much fun with these two. I played through a semester, and Ily only has a crush on him. One bolt of chemistry.

I think these two will cause me trouble when they discover other people.

9 comments:

Carla December 21, 2009 at 3:38 PM  

Oh, good to see your TS2 Sims again! I've missed them!

I wonder if what Ily is feeling for Water right now is "real" or if she's just going through a rough patch with Rich. I could see how Water could be a subject of infatuation for a young girl like Ily - a handsome, older man who's actually taking an interest in her.

Anonymous December 21, 2009 at 4:37 PM  

Ily is so funny and adorable. You can't help but hope that things work out for her and that she's able to find that "love" she's looking for.

I am really amazed at how you are able to keep track of them. I would be hopeless at that, such a disorganised person.

You know, I was thinking of doing something like this for TS3 after I wrap my head around Create a world, glimpses into the lives of the residents of a small town. The idea appeals because you can drop in on so many different characters.

The Lunar Fox December 21, 2009 at 9:16 PM  

Thanks, Carla. I've been missing them too.

I have to wonder if she's just settling for Rich. And Water is all around trouble for all the reasons you say, and more. Ooh, I think I have an update for him I never posted, but I have some pictures.



Thanks Carnaxa. I'm actually very disorganized with everything but stories. Even then, it's all in my head. Man, I am going to be an interesting character when I'm older. Probably have conversations with imaginary people out loud or something.


Now that sounds like a neat idea. I would love to create a World, like a working village, and then only have my story sims there or something fun! Too bad that TS3 sims don't have memories. You sort of have to sort things out.

Oh, and how is CAW working for you? I am really tempted to update as soon as I take a few pics for the next entries.

Anonymous December 21, 2009 at 11:11 PM  

Arrrrr! Does that answer your question? I've spent the last two hours trying to make sense of it and it's frustrating. Unless they release an idiot's guide to CAW, I am not sure I'm going to "get it". The documents they do give you really don't say much at all. What I want is a step by step guide in making a world I can follow so I can know what the heck I'm supposed to be doing. As it stands, I'm ready to hit the uninstall key for CAW.

My other option is to wait and see if someone releases a desert world. The exchange has a 'strangetown' but I had problems with that world when I installed it last time. I should wait for someone like flabiliki or plasticbox to release a world - those two are always awesome world builders.

And as for having conversations with imaginary people out loud, welcome to my world. My husband will come into the room and ask who I'm talking to and I'll say, "Just talking to myself, trying to figure out this damn story." I try and tell the plot to myself to try and make sense of it!

Laura December 22, 2009 at 5:40 AM  

Yay, I'm so glad to hear from these guys :)

Oooh, and I'm curious what Alberta wanted to talk about!

But awww, poor Ily! That's a tough spot to be in, because as much as she tries to fool herself otherwise, it has to come out, and it's just a matter of waiting for how and when :(

Poor Rich too, because he seems to have no idea it's coming :(

Awww, they're gonna break my heart!

Tanja December 22, 2009 at 1:05 PM  

I love it that you're back, I was hoping to read some more here! I checked the site weekly :-)

I wonder where Ily's crush for Water is heading!

The Lunar Fox December 22, 2009 at 6:17 PM  

Ick! I still want to give it a try, so don't quit 'til then, okay? XD Maybe we can help each other. I have so many ideas (which is actually only like 2.5 ideas, but that's a lot when you've done 0%) that I would like to try and accomplish. I'm a little scared to update though, so I'm going to have to do a lot of backing up and making sure it's all backed up.

If I see a good tut somewhere, I'll let you know.

LOL, at that last image. You know, I can't even really TALK about my story out loud. Having convos with them will be all right though. (Seriously, like I showed Jay the intro video for Paula's story, and I had to actually explain the story to him. Weird! Took a few false starts before I could explain.)


Thanks Laura. Alberta has been uber needy. Any sim I play who knows her ends up getting a phone call from her. I think she's doing too much thinking.

I seem to like oblivious guys, and Rich is totally the king of being oblivious so I really like him. I hope she doesn't completely break his heart.

Hi, Tanja! Long time no see! ^__^ Aw, thank you. These poor guys, I think I ignored them long enough! I think they might need a new direction.

Anonymous December 23, 2009 at 1:11 PM  

I won't give up. We'll try and help each other with CAW and if I see any useful tutorials, I'll poke you. I'll start writing notes down when I use it.

Backing up is a good idea, even several in case one backup gets corrupted.

The Lunar Fox December 23, 2009 at 10:43 PM  

Oh good, because I'm going to play with it this weekend!

Also, I just realized TSR has a forum for it here. That might come in handy.

About

My photo
I'm a proudly nerdy girl who knows too much about X-Men and has stories running through her head when walking. This is really my first real attempt to share just a few of the stories that not only play in my head when walking, but play out when I'm playing my sims. I hope you enjoy. ^___^

  © Free Blogger Templates Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP