Thoughtful

>> Sunday, September 6, 2009

He had seen her in the flesh. She hardly looked older than Gabe. The image that came to him when he heard the word "mother" was not some woman in a slinky dress working in a night club ordering around men who almost seemed to fear her.

His other biological parent was hardly any better. Water Mellon was just as much of a mess as his mother was. The tabloids reported frequently on his activity since he was the biggest name in town. The man seemed to shrug off losing his "love" and his family like it was no big deal. He'd moved into a penthouse apartment on the fancy side of town where "numerous" women were seen entering and exiting. Some hardly older than Gabe.




Gabe rolled his eyes at the thought. Was he doomed to become like his biological parents? It was possible that he was heading down the same path as one of his parents now. Did that mean that at some point he'd do the same to Alberta as Water had done to his wife?


He glanced at her out of the corner of his eye. It was weird the way he felt about her. He found himself thinking about her at the oddest times wishing she was there with him or wondering what she was doing. Sometimes he found himself worrying about her, but he stopped himself when he noticed himself doing it since it was the last thing she had wanted. If he worried about her and she knew it, then she wouldn't tell him when she had other problems.

The more he knew about himself, the more he felt less worthy of her. Even with her experiences, she wasn't bitter or depressed. If anyone had the right to be, it would be Alberta.

He had just learned of his heritage, and he couldn't help feeling bitter about it. Of course knowing that your own mother hadn't wanted you in the first place (and your father probably wouldn't have wanted you, nor would his family) sort of had that effect.


"All right, turn in your workbooks everyone. I think you all deserve to start the weekend early..." Gabe didn't hear much more than that. He packed his books quickly into his back pack as Kate groaned from the other side of Alberta.

Then Ms. Kerr softly called to him. "Gabe, can I speak with you a moment?"

****************************
As a refresher, I'll throw up this link about the society of my little hood. We know that Water Mellon is his dad, but what may easily be forgotten (because he never thinks about it so it would rarely be mentioned) is that he was in the running for Legacy Heir which I'm holding onto as a tradition of their old life in the old land. Gabe is pretty sure that he would not have been wanted in that family because of the woman who gave birth to him.

And Alberta would be seen closer to a townie by any sim snotty enough to care about such things. Not that Gabe cares, but he's sure that there are sims who have probably mistreated her for it.

And before I forget, let me share another blog I've found that's really awesome and is using Sims 3 to tell a really good story. Marooned on Tuesday She's not too far in yet, and I think some of you might like it.

5 comments:

Laura September 6, 2009 at 4:36 PM  

First of all, I like the synopsis on your sidebar - that must be really helpful to new readers. I don't even know where I'd begin to do something like that for my own blog it's such a mess, lol!

Awww, Gabe is such a good kid at heart, I hope he doesn't get himself into too much trouble.

I just LOVE the class distinctions you've built up in this hood. And even more so, I'm glad you enforce the penalties and consequences they live by as well. It's such a fascinating dynamic in this story :)

Hmmm, I wonder what Ms. Kerr has to say???

Carla September 6, 2009 at 5:34 PM  

I loved getting a look at Gabe and Alberta from Gabe's perspective. He really does care about her quite deeply, doesn't he?

I love how you put in so many little details that I barely notice at the time which then later become important! I remembered Gabe glancing at the woman in the restaurant but I had written that off as just Alberta's insecurity and now it's Gabe's mother! I'm really excited to finally get a look at her too, by the way.

So when did Gabe find out who his mother was? I can't remember if there was a conversation about that. Or did he just piece it together himself?

The Lunar Fox September 6, 2009 at 6:24 PM  

Laura, I don't think Lakeside Heights doesn't needs anything for new readers; it draws readers in easily and it's fun to read back entries. But for this one, I figured I needed a reminder of what I'm working towards, and that my reminder would end up hopefully being helpful for any new readers trying to figure what I'm about. Also hopefully, it serve as a reminder to long time readers as to what we're slowly working towards.

lol, hold onto that hope! He is a good guy at heart.

Thank you. I worry that I'm not pulling the dynamic out enough sometimes, but we are only getting started really.


Carla, Gabe does care a lot for her. I imagine that he never really cared much for anything before her.

Hehe, it's another clue. That entry was totally fun because Alberta was the focus, but she wasn't the important part of that entry. Fooled ya! XD

Gabe found out exactly right here at the very end of the entry. I cheated by then skipping to Gabe's thoughts on the matter in the next entry.

T.Irwin September 12, 2009 at 12:33 AM  

You get the best angles for your pics of your families. I try to be equally creative, but then I see your shots and I think that they are innovative and perfect for the great stories you tell.

The Lunar Fox September 12, 2009 at 8:43 AM  

*hugs T* You are SO sweet! Really, a great confidence booster. Thank you so much.

About

My photo
I'm a proudly nerdy girl who knows too much about X-Men and has stories running through her head when walking. This is really my first real attempt to share just a few of the stories that not only play in my head when walking, but play out when I'm playing my sims. I hope you enjoy. ^___^

  © Free Blogger Templates Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP