Sims 2 hiatus?

>> Monday, September 14, 2009

I sort of hate to say that, but I didn't play this weekend at all like I had planned.

Lately, I've been writing a lot. About a year or so ago, I ran across my old 3.5 floppy disks (circa 1995-- that's way longer ago than I remember it) which were all neatly organized in an interestingly surreal way that would only make any sense to me. The stories on the disks were boring. Very snooze worthy, but the world and the characters were different. (I think that's a good term for it.)



So I've been doing a lot of work, rethinking old ideas lately. And after a bit of inspiration, I decided that I would give Sims 3 a shot as a story telling vehicle since I wasn't playing it as a game very well. So boom, the two ideas crashed together and I thought I would use Sims 3 to try and tell at least one re-worked story from this world I create so long ago.

This project has totally consumed me. Now I could have tried using Sims 2 to tell the story, but there are certain advantages to using Sims 3. For one, the body shapes. It's horrible that I can't adjust the heights, but I think body shapes are a little more important right now. And two is that the facial expressions are actually very complex at times. They're also very very creepy at times. But over all, they are complex as I can sometimes read multiple emotions in their faces. Their traits affect the ways they express themselves during interactions, so it's actually really fascinating...

Ahem... anyway. Nerdy gets the better of me at times.

This story will have an ending (it's looking like it's going to be about 12 or 13 chapters right now), so once I finish writing the chapters, my boyfriend is going to take me out to get a delicious burger at my place of choosing because I don't finish stories. Ever.

My sims 3 blog which I am using to document the trials and tribulations of working with Sims 3 as a story telling vehicle.

From my test shots:


Edy says, "You're mean!"

Poor Michael can only shrug, "What do you want me to do about it?"


I will give it a journal of it's own and put up a mature warning. Genre? Science Fiction Fantasy Horror. I mean, if you want to label it. XD

10 comments:

Carla September 14, 2009 at 4:58 PM  

Well, you know have at least one reader here!

I'm still waiting to find out what happens with Gabe and Amberle though, so I'm glad this is only a hiatus!

The Lunar Fox September 14, 2009 at 9:14 PM  

Oh Gabe and Alberta! The next entry has those two and Kate. I have some plans for them in Spring.

And thank you so much for your support.

maisie September 15, 2009 at 9:47 AM  

Count yourself with another reader too! I'm just glad you aren't leaving sims and story telling behind. I enjoy your style and the raw emotion you give the characters.

The Lunar Fox September 15, 2009 at 10:56 AM  

Thanks, Maisie! If you like this, then I think you'll like that better. Or maybe I'm just hoping that you will. It's a style that feels like it goes with my grain more-- if that makes any sense.

snarkysims September 15, 2009 at 4:07 PM  

I'm also very interested in reading your new blog. I'm glad S3 has inspired you to use it to tell stories since the gameplay is lacking.

I can totally relate to you pulling out the old floppy disks. Every now and then I read the stories I wrote as a kid. In fact, the first Sims I created in Sims 2 were based on characters from my stories.

The Lunar Fox September 18, 2009 at 10:02 PM  

You too Snarky? Re-creating characters using the game is actually kinda fun! I find that now I'm trying to think of what other characters I can recreate. XD

Anonymous September 20, 2009 at 9:24 AM  

I feel like a lot of us are doing hiatuses. Just a lot going on I guess

The Lunar Fox September 20, 2009 at 10:08 AM  

A lot of people have gone missing lately. In my case, I'm just working on another project, but what a bad time to throw it out there!

Everyone else is busy with school, family, or work. Just the time of year it seems.

Anonymous October 9, 2009 at 4:48 AM  

How are you finding Sims 3 as a storytelling tool?

The Lunar Fox October 9, 2009 at 10:12 PM  

That's a good question which I've been spending quite a bit of time thinking about.

So far, in general, I've actually found it a little easier to pose sims, though it's a bit frustrating at times. I'm too used to using the freezer clock in TS2!

I also love their faces and some of the expressions. Sometimes I can read so much in their faces. Have you noticed that there is a slight uneveness in their faces like one eyebrow raised higher than the other at times when their faces are relaxed? It adds a very eerie realistic quality to them that I think works better for Ruin than TS2 would surprisingly.

About

My photo
I'm a proudly nerdy girl who knows too much about X-Men and has stories running through her head when walking. This is really my first real attempt to share just a few of the stories that not only play in my head when walking, but play out when I'm playing my sims. I hope you enjoy. ^___^

  © Free Blogger Templates Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP