The Society of Tierra de Legado

>> Friday, March 20, 2009

Cherry Smith

This system sort of developed as I was playing, and I have Cherry Smith to thank for all this.



Ever think about the plight of your non-playables? They only exist around your playable sims (which in my case are all part of one huge family.) Unless someone brings them into their home, they will live forever and have few memories of what they did.


Lucy Mellon (Nee Hanby)

And there are sims like Lucy Hanby who was the lover of the Founder's husband after the Founder passed away. Later on she married his grandson. THAT would have to cause a scandal.


So here's how it works. Sims related to the founder are the most respectable with The Legacy Family being royalty. Then it goes: other playables, high end AL townies, all other townies, and lastly Service NPCs (NPC = Non-persona class).

Green and Amanda Mellon (Legacy Heirs)

There are always exceptions to the rule. I basically have this system set up so I know what their prejudices are. There are no "you may not;" there are simply consequences. (Like Water Mellon-- his wife used to be a police woman, so she was definitely a Service NPC. And he's still successful despite that. But notice he's not heir, he doesn't live on The Hill, and Ann didn't want his baby girls.)

Water Mellon and Melanie Love


The thing between the Mellons and the Strattons dates back to the Founder's two sons. The Founder couldn't decide who would be heir. The older brother, to help along the decision, married Christy Stratton and took her name so that he was automatically disqualified as heir. (In actuality, this was before I knew that you have to have the sim whose name you want selected when you click on the arch.)

That generation sealed the split. While the brothers were always best friends, everyone else fought without fighting which I think is worse than outright fighting.


Tristin Stratton

The Strattons are generally considered sleazy and lazy. Sofia Stratton is the epitome of what pops into my head when I think of Strattons. But it's rather ironic because some of the Strattons are hard and honest workers (like Kate's parents), and yet this stereotype remains.

Meanwhile Mellons are thought to be honest and hard working. Of course, this is also something of a stereotype.

Richard Mellon, Jr., The Mayor



Whew... Sorry. I hope that all makes sense. This will be more important next season when dealing with Alberta and her perception of herself. It's also why Gabe (and other sims) might be a little concerned as to who his parents are, and why Tristin has a church for the Wayward NPCs. Plus, I imagine that there will be a short side story that deals with a former service NPC which is going on now in my game but won't be touched on until later.

6 comments:

Carla March 20, 2009 at 4:03 PM  

I love reading about how others play the game and the rules they set up for themselves.

Anonymous March 20, 2009 at 6:29 PM  

Poor npcs! I guess it is kinda a caste system for the sims ...

What about your creatures (elves, etc)? What's their standing in society? Or are they so well hidden that the sims of Tierra aren't really aware that they exist?

The Lunar Fox March 20, 2009 at 8:17 PM  

The creature sims are relatively new and they are well hidden at the moment. So they don't factor into the prejudices of the resident sims yet.

Anonymous March 20, 2009 at 9:24 PM  

Are you planning on adding other creatures to the mix? I just thought that the Plant Sims could be worked in easily into your hood - esp with what you said about the elves having earth magic and all that ...

The Lunar Fox March 21, 2009 at 12:21 AM  

*smacks head* I forgot all about the plantsims!

The game suggests to me that plantsims are something totally new with the whole pesticide thing.

Hobart's dad is a plantsim, and he actually came over with The Family sims.

But Daniel is Lucy Mellon's (nee Hanby) son, so I think most sim reactions to him are, "Ew. What would you expect from the son of a service NPC like Lucy?"

There will probably be some other supernaturals coming up if my plans work out like I hope. Come their summer, I'm going to try having some fun doing some back stories to explain some of the supernaturals. (Most likely, but nothing is written yet.)

Anonymous March 21, 2009 at 2:56 AM  

Oh, so you do have them in-game already.

Yeah, it's fun to think up back stories for the non-Sims. I was wracking my brain trying to think up a good back story for the Pollination Tech & was pretty happy with what I ended up with. I'm looking forward to your back stories :-)

  © Free Blogger Templates Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP