Uncertainty Part 3 - Distance

>> Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Break was fast approaching. Aden had asked her if she wanted to come home with him. Could he feel it? Their distance?





"Well..." She looked down at the ground. Aden had just come back from one of his hikes. He was dusty, and smelled of fish from the ocean. "I do, but I'm going to do some extra work here. Some of the teachers have asked me to help building and prepping the college for the other students."

Aden gently caressed her cheek. "Aw... but I understand. It's important work."

At his touch, Elizabeth almost cried. She grabbed his hand and gently nuzzled it. "I have to go to class."

"Now? You don't have class for another two hours."

She turned away and began walking towards the door. "I have something that I need to do before class."

Aden followed her to the porch even as she hurried away. "I can walk you to your class."

"No, that's ok. I'll see you tonight!" She called back without looking over her shoulder, leaving him standing beside the porch.

2 comments:

Anonymous August 28, 2009 at 12:08 PM  

Not good. She needs to tell him soon.

The Lunar Fox August 28, 2009 at 1:50 PM  

Poor Elizabeth. She's not great at this stuff!

  © Free Blogger Templates Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP