Buying a wedding dress

>> Saturday, November 8, 2008

Present playing day (because Uncertainty is supposed to take place a few years ago):


One of the shops that I have is simply called Bonnie's. It's a clothing shop that sells off the rack and home made items.

The plus side of this is that I can send sims shopping, such as this mysterious sim which I sent out for a wedding gown.



First I had her try it on to make sure that it looked good.

Then she spoke with Bonnie to tell her exactly what she wanted. Bonnie looks so excited, doesn't she?

So Bonnie set to work in the back room making the gown while her customers waited in line. (They weren't happy with the wait, but then I have a hack that won't allow them to throw their bags down.)



When Bonnie was finished, she wrapped the dress and gave it to her customer.




The customer then went into the back room, where Monique's computer is set up for such occasions, and she transfered $5,000 to Bonnie.


And the transaction was done!


Bonnie runs the shop well when I have sims visit. She suggestive sells, chats with customers, rings up quickly, and, the cutest thing to me, she sews when she isn't doing anything else.

I found out during this transaction that she's making pot holders like mad! (I watched her complete another one last night when I sent some other sims for a visit.)



This is the face she made when I told her to scrap her pot holder so that she could start right away on the dress. Gah, she's so adorable!

6 comments:

Anonymous February 7, 2009 at 6:39 AM  

That's a mighty expensive dress! But so pretty! Bonny must be a genius to be able to produce a wedding dress in just one visit ;-)

The Lunar Fox February 7, 2009 at 3:18 PM  

Haha, a dress made so fast should cost money!

I should say that Bonnie is just adjusting the dress. But she does work crazy fast. She makes whole outfits in only hours. That's how her family gets outfitted. :D

She can't make separates though. :(

bbop June 4, 2009 at 9:20 PM  

I love this update!

the mysterious woman in the mirror was a neat screenie.

I would love to run a clothing shop one day. gotta build up my sims skills since my only sims with a gold talent badge in sewing passed away yesterday.

Bonnie is sooooo cute! I'd buy my wedding tux from her. hahahaha

The Lunar Fox June 4, 2009 at 9:50 PM  

Ooh wait till you see her daughter, Amália! Her daughter is just like her and nothing but trouble.


Running a clothing shop is a lot of fun. I sort of miss being able to buy clothes in Sims 3. In Sims 2, buying clothes is an important ritual in my neighborhood. XD

bbop June 10, 2009 at 8:36 PM  

You can't buy clothes in sims 3!?!? what the heck!

And you know what go me suspicious? Sims 3 is a "step up" from sims 2 right? But we had restaurants in sims 2 you could enter, why can't you go in the litle corcsican bistro or something? hopefully eps will help!

The Lunar Fox June 11, 2009 at 10:38 AM  

I like TS3, but there are a lot of issues still right now. In a way, I think it's clear that the people who made it didn't really understand what's so great about TS2.

Genetics in TS3 is also horribly screwed up and not nearly as fun if what I've been hearing is true.

  © Free Blogger Templates Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP